Agnostic.com

61 3

Please share one awesome thing about where you live. :)

For those of you from the States, something about the good ol' US of A doesn't cut it! 😛

It's gotta be your State or town.

For everyone else, I probably don't know a whole heck of a lot about your country (except Australia, New Zealand, anywhere in South East Asia), so have at it!

We've all been a bit..... depressed..... and certainly frustrated.... by recent shenanigans.

So let's have some positives!

If you want, think about it this way; of all the places in the world, what would convince me (or any Agnosticators) to come and visit you in your little corner of the planet? 🙂

Kreig 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments (51 - 61)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here in NW Indiana....decent cost of living, easy to get around and Lake Michigan. i know that's 3......PLUS the town swimming pool across the street 12' deep with 2 diving boards.

twill Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

I live in Cornwall in the UK. We have some of the best coastline and beaches anywhere 🙂

I’m a country person myself as I love the outdoors and working on my cattle ranch. I’d just as soon avoid big cities as much as possible except for an occasional visit. Here in western Oklahoma it’s pretty sparsely populated with my nearest neighbors about 3/8 mile over the hill from me. Oklahoma people are great people even though some are a little on the religious side and a liberal democrat hasn’t carried here since LBJ won here in 1964. Trump is very popular here and their are a lot of Pro Gun NRA people here.

It's only a 20 minute boat trip to the worlds largest sand island, (Fraser Island).

Yeah mate, i live in Hervey Bay and work part time at a resort on the Island. I have to say that the ferry to work and back is the best commute ever! lol.

Well, there's the sunrise from my deck.

Duke Level 8 Dec 18, 2017

Not where I live now, but 30 miles south of here where I grew up: Waxahachie, Texas. The Chamber of Commerce will tell you that it's an Indian name meaning Cow Creek, Named that because the long horns and buffalo used to water in the shallows of that creek. But what creek didn't they water in. When the Indians named something, there was a reason. The name actually reflects on what they were doing to the water while they were drinking. The actual translation of the word Waxahachie is, Cow Shit Creek.

They do a thing called Britain in Bloom here which is an inter town competition where volunteers and council pretty up the place with hanging baskets of flowers and flowers in the park. It really cheers everyone up and gives you summat nice to be proud of .

A wonderful geographic mix: an hour north to the Appalachian Mountains, yet here we are in forrested, rolling hills. Another hour south brings sandy coastal plain. Four hours southeast and you arrive at the Atlantic Ocean which, unlike most states, has not been developed, but is still mostly wild, natural marsh and barrier islands.

Zster Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

where?

Northeastern Georgia (in the US), near the city of Athens.

I am close enough to NYC...to be there in about 20 minutes...and far away enough as no to be engulfed by the craziness of said city.

I live in the middle of two amazing cities that both are very much centered around the performing arts. There are always plays, musicals, concerts, symphonies, dance productions, art exhibits going on.

Portland Oregon is populated by progressive liberals. It's impossible for a Republican to get elected to anything here. Having lived in England for nearly 20 years, I became a progressive. There isn't anywhere else in America I could live except the West coast. Everywhere else seems too batshit conservative for me.

PLUS, one of the most beautiful places in America, with year-round snow capped mountains one hour drive east, and one of the top ten coastlines in the world 1.5 hour drive to the west of town.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6361
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.