Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Here's the Funniest Joke in the World (Ummmmm.... really?????)

This is an old article, oddly, this still is considered "the funniest joke"...

I must be odd, or American, because I don't think this is funny at all.

Anyone else have an opinion???? Am I missing it???🤔

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

SeaGreenEyez 9 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sick, not funny.

Sorry, I find the humor sick.

@SeaGreenEyez I should talk as I just discovered a really sick video. However, it is a comparative video of our impact on the planet. Don't really know where to put it so I will ask your opinion.

I hate to do this, but here is the explanation of the joke and why some people will find it funny

The humour is supposed to be sick, it is comedy of the absurd, derived from the shared common frame of reference regarding the of the obvious stupidity of people who find it empowering to walk around with guns and to draw attention to the same.

@SeaGreenEyez I saw it as comparing the spread of the cancer cells as analogous to the spread of humans on the planet. Often, our growth has been said to be like a cancer. Hope that helps.

@SeaGreenEyez, @LenHazell53 Disagree in effect. See my comment above to SeaGreenEyez

@SeaGreenEyez Being an active part of population demographics for over 26 years it makes perfect sense to me. Cancer wants to grow and survive just like all other life. Unfortunately, this form eventually kills off it's host just as we are doing to our host planet.

All the discussion are ones we humans make about ourselves. It's a spoof.

These days it would be "funnier" if it was a US cop arresting an elderly black person.

"It's funny 'cos its true"

Older type humor I think... in the 70's it would really have been funny...

Lol oops

Isn't that based on a Dick Cheney incident?..😬🤪

I've seen/heard funnier. But I did laugh out loud.

Funny, but not, by far, the funniest, IMO.

I agree…where is the “universal appeal”?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:637864
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.