Agnostic.com

1 5

If this trend keeps up I may have start adding a "Cover Charge"....LOL.
A pair of Short Billed Corellas turned up to try out the Breakfast Menu this morning.
A common nick-name for these birds is " The Loud Mouths of the Outback" because heir squawks can be heard for miles literally.

Triphid 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looks pretty, but the loud sounds I can do without. The crows here are really unpleasant to hear.

Crows have nothing on our Corellas trust me on that.

@Triphid Yup, I will, snce I have no way of hearing them for myself.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Check sites like youtube, etc, and search for Corella sounds/calls.

@Triphid Yeah, I'll check after dinner.

@Triphid That could get annoying pretty quick.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I guess you've found recordings of the " Loud Mouths of the Outback" then.
This time of year I hear then EVERY morning as the come to strip the pine trees in my front yard of their cones to get at the seeds inside them.
It usually starts just after sun up and goes on until about 11.00 am then they leave and start eat the the runners of the turf on the various Sports Ovals.

@Triphid I know nature is nature, but makes it no less annoying at times.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.