Agnostic.com

61 8

What’s the longest you’ll allow dirty dishes to be in the sink?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Over night. Especially when my daughter is here.

Depends on how long it takes to find a buyer for a house with a sink full of dirty dishes... 🙂

I wash once or twice a day. I don't like looking at dirty dishes and I'm too frugal to run the dishwasher unless I have a load of dishes, which I hardly ever do.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 25, 2018

I don't. I rinse off my dishes immediately after use and put them directly in to the dishwasher. When the dish washer is full, I run it and then unload it as soon as possible. Dirty dishes in the sink are a pet peeve of mine.

No longer than 12 hours.

Until I can’t put more dirty dishes in it.

Zero the dish washer is where you store them.

Paper plates for you.

Soak and rinse right away, then put them in the dishwasher.

I do them after dinner, if while cooking I can already sense my disdain for doing them I’ll break out the paper plates, unless I’m making soup, I hate how soup runs off the edges of a paper plate.

Hahaha! Dang plates!

For as long as they need to be there.

Wash after I eat

I mostly clean up as I cook, but the after dinner dishes wait until the next morning. I put the coffee on and do the dishes......

Till I walk by the sink the second time.

...only minutes, if possible, in culinary school, chefs are drilled to "clean as you go" -- start clean, end clean. But, the general rule is ...never go to bed with anything in the kitchen needing cleaned. EVER.

Never. Everything is cleaned right after eating. I have a dish washer so most dishes go in there but pans are always hand washed.

what year is this?...after a while, it isn't 'dirt' but that individual who lives in your sink...best to toss it a cookie every once in a while...no longer is there an unclean knife in the sink, but an armed life form...treat accordingly.

I was going to ask what month, I think you beat me both ways. I have this vague hope that one day it will be full of nice fresh mushrooms.

When it tries to eat you, it's time to do something....

@Holysocks MORE COOKIES!

@JohnnyThorazine
Mmm....Typewriter! Nomnomnom...

I will not leave them in the sink, If I don't get to them right away, my roommate will.

Mostly I want to wash immediately, so I try not to use many.

I wash them first thing in the morning.

I can't stand to have even one dirty dish in the sink.

I wash them in the morning after breakfast. Dry them and put them away.

If any get dirtied during the day when I see them they get washed.

After dinner, I wash them again.
I know this is more than a little obsessive, but it could be something far worse. lol

Nowadays, I wash them immediately or in the morning if it's too late.

I get them rinsed with hot water as soon as possiblr before residue hardens. Washing with detergent can then be delayed until next day.

I just can’t!

I wish I had a dishwasher. I do dishes at least once a day.

RichE Level 5 Apr 22, 2018

No longer than a,few hours

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.