Agnostic.com

13 10

Scammer or man of my dreams?

Got a message on Agnostic.com from a guy who claims to be in Arizona. His only photo shows him naked from the waist up. In his thirties? No written profile. Immediately I thought he was a scammer.

HIM: Hi pretty, how are you doing?

ME: Put some clothes on. Not interested. We live too far apart to develop a relationship. Good luck with your search. Kathleen

HIM: I guess you don't like me.
Distance does not matter in a relationship and i hope you know that.
I must say i really like you.

ME: (getting sarcastic) What's your plan? Fly to Wenatchee, Washington every week so we can get to know each other?

"Distance doesn't matter" is a fantasy that rarely works out. I don't even know your first name or age. Kathleen

Blocked him. brushes off hands

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Darling let's meet halfway. Motel 6 .

twill Level 7 Dec 26, 2021

Yeah, blocking is a good idea. I need to do that. Normally they go away when I ignore them, but he's particularly persistent and particularly stupid. He must be a real newbie at it, or perhaps it's some teenage boy playing around?

I could post a nude from waist up photo of myself, but I doubt you'd really like it at the moment.

Yeah, I saw his “I’m new here” post and made a remark about the weather where he was. I'm new here.

@MsKathleen

Must have been another shirtless douchebag.

The guy who messaged me has not posted anything.

Sounds scammy and manipulative. Hopefully, he will get barred from the site .

Shirtless photo? Nope. I feel the same way when women are too immodest, let alone shirtless.

@Mitch07102

Shirtless photos are the hallmark of a douchebag.

Context is everything. If he was hiking or on a beach, a shirtless photo makes sense.

I 100% agree with you on the distance issue. It doesn't work, I won't even consider it. I won't relocate, and if a guy tells me he is willing to, I tell him to show his commitment by looking for jobs in the area. And when a male addresses me as "Hi Pretty" that tells me he has a script that he is cutting/pasting, lazy and unimaginative bastard.

I got one from Arizona as well just his face in the pic. Told me I looked good in my picture????? Given my pic is a baby gorilla I am not sure how to take that. Yes the baby gorilla is cute but not sure how that reflects on me being "good". My other pictures I have posted are of animals, scenery and my crotcheting not sure it he has seen those.
I did not bother to reply.

Hi, how are you doing?
I'm here in search of a soul mate.
I came across your Profile, I must say your profile sounds great and also your pictures caught my attention too because you look pretty good yourself. 😍

Another idiot with too much time on his hands and fascinated by words on a screen. What else could it be?

I'm guessing not a man of your dreams. Maybe not a scammer, who knows, but surely not worth your time with an intro like that.

Aww, he is from Az. so he's gotta be a nice guy.

Attagirl.

Deb57 Level 8 Dec 24, 2021

@Deb57

Thanks!

Many are around unfortunately

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 24, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.