Agnostic.com

16 5

Christmas & Evolution

Could is be that Mary did give birth to jesus without the need for a father and that was caused by genetic mutation that Mary evoluted?

Sailor90 3 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Attis Dionysus, and Horus were just three of the many god/men predating Christ who were born of virgins. It was common practice then.
A you are widely read I am sure you have read the gospel of Mark. The earliest written gospel which had no nativity and no virgin Mary. The story was probably added by later writers just as the birth had to be in Bethlehem to fulfill prophecy. Also Jesus had to be descended from David so Joseph was given this lineage, but he wasn't the father. Doh.

Like Mary was a hermaphrodite (hermaphrodites are rare but exist), and conception; the fertilization of an ovum by a spermatozoon, all happened internally... Wow, like a sci-fi!

Ryo1 Level 8 Dec 29, 2021

No.

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.

What wonderfully beautiful insane stories the human mind can make up. What gets me is it's about to be 2022 and people still believe in this make believe crap.

Joseph was the father of Jesus according to the bibble because it gives the genealogy in the gospels and gives it wrongly at one point, prompting the ignorant to say it also includes his genealogy through Mary. The thing is, the Jews did not include lineage through women except matrilineal lineage. It means if your mother was a Jew you are also.

The next thing you deal with here is that scriptures claim Mary was with child because "the Holy Ghost came upon her" and various other passages where todays ignorant are lead to believe that God got Mary pregnant or that Mary saved her own ass by telling the "big lie." Some want to believe this one so badly that they have Mary being the first person screwing around on an old man and she told the lie and got away with it. Not so smart and other beliefs have similar stories.

Reality has that ignorant old man Joseph being holy and full of the Holy Ghost. How hard would it be to imagine his desire would overcome him? How would a person in that day and time say they could not wait until they got a license or that they had sex early? The ignorant can claim that Joseph and Mary had sex "never" because Mary was "married to God." This fits right in with religious tradition which deifies both Mary and Jesus. Catholics make a lot of money with this idea and many others also follow along in their own way doing the same.

Ok, tell me more.

Sooo, ex-Muslim but converted to Christian!? if so, Science won't help at all 😀

Diaco Level 7 Dec 27, 2021

Muslims like Mary too.

@BufftonBeotch The more the Maryier...😊

@BufftonBeotch Sure! everyone likes Mary! apparently, she was a good one! even God itself couldn't resistance!

If true, Jesus would have been female.

What rubbish! Everyone knows that Joseph could impregnate women by staring at them for 2 minutes while massaging his beard. He had a genetic mutation that gave him this ability. Seriously, how can you not know this?

When I'm drunk I try to avoid making posts. Maybe you should too

Tejas Level 8 Dec 26, 2021

Don’t you think that maybe, just fucking maybe, that if Mary gave birth to Jesus, it’s because she WASN’T an effin virgin!?! 🧐

Even if she was a virgin the birth would have ended that idea for sure.

@DenoPenno Given the number of folks that belief in the “immaculate” conception, you’re clearly wrong....👀

@Buck Numbers of believers do not make an idea true.

@DenoPenno But the birth CLEARLY didn’t end the idea, as you stated. In fact, the birth only promoted the idea! Unless you have a valid point to offer, go away....😁

@Buck The valid point is that birth normally does away with a hymen. Therefore no more virgin regardless of what believers thought over 2000 years ago. Sex itself does not always do away with a hymen. There have been cases of pregnant women with an intact hymen. I'm talking science and medicine. Not gods.

What evidence do you have that mary gave birth to jesus?

Has he got any evidence that they ever actually existed?

No. Parthenogenesis has never been observed in mammals.

Well, sounds farfetched but who knows? Most likely not but you never know.

sounds like xmas really gotcha this year.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.