Agnostic.com

43 6

Willing To Relocate?

I know there are many on this site for dating as well as community.

For those here for dating purposes specifically, I was wondering how many people on here would be willing to relocate for love?

If you met the right person for you on here and fall in love, could you, or would you be willing to pack up your life and relocate?

I once relaocated to Las Vegas for 2 years for a relationship. Of course I was younger then. I do not think I would do this again,

Please tell me would you relocate for love?

• 58 votes
  • 33 votes
twshield 8 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would relocate for a lollypop. Someone save me

Where’s the “maybe” button?

Essie Level 6 Apr 22, 2018

@twshield Until you lay out the conditions and contingencies, all the answers should be maybe. You'd be an irrational individual to walk into this blind.

@TheLiberalGent FACTS

@twshield while that is true, maybe it’s a character flaw that I can’t deal in absolutes. Since I don’t know all the details, I have no idea how I might react when faced with the situation ??‍♀️

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 🙂

LOL

love the song

If I met the right person...that's a big if. At my age, I have a better chance of dying in a plane crash..& I don't fly. But for the right person, right circumstances, yes.

I relocated to Canada for ten years for love. I like to experience new places and am not weighed down with possessions or children so it’s easy for me to pick up and go.

Yes, of course. There is nothing here that I'm not willing to give up for the right person. There may be some negotiations depending on their locale but basically I am open and willing to relocate.

I'm basically a happy person, my location doesn't contribute much to that but having a SO would significantly add to my happy quotient. 🙂

i said yes, but i would like to be clear that while i am interested in meeting people to date on this site, in no way do i believe i would ever fall in love with a person i have never met in person. its one thing to hit it off and decide to meet and take it from there, but i just don't have that kind of trust in humanity to believe everything a person claims about themselves without checking it out myself.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 22, 2018

I am one who will travel and relocate. Did it once here - would do it again.

Yes, Currently in So Cal. I travel for my job, sometimes for several months at a time. I can live almost anywhere and will relocate for the right person. I'm considering it anyway. I can always travel to see family. I'm totally flexible. 😀

Yikes! No.

I would like to think that I would relocate but I'm not really sure. I don't have any mortgage payment but I can't sell either so in a manner of speaking, I'm trapped in right now. I hate it here but have no other choice.

@twshield It's another way my so-called family fucked me for being an atheist.

I would be willing (potentially), but unable. I just have too many things making me stay here. I can't even move back home at this point. ? It's a good thing I like it here! ?

I would but it would not be after like only a month of knowing them. I would need to know that it was feeling long term and we were both looking for the same things.

If we met in person first, dated locally. Then maybe. However I don't fall in love online. (Nor am I actually moving away from my husband, I realize my situation isn't the same, but I also felt this way before I met my husband)

I am looking for friends and would be foolish to relocate for friendship.

Aww, that's really sweet?

I have, and I would again. I would be much smarter as I’m skeptical about forever. Great if that happens, not surprised if it doesn’t. I would make sure that I didn’t give away all my belongings I didn’t bring with me. I’d put the rest in storage. If it didn’t work out, I would at least have the basics to start over if I had to. No regrets though. One of the best things I did was relocate for love. I had an amazing five year run, and the time of my life. That’s why I would be so willing to relocate again. I love adventures.

I'd do it..Granted there are some practical things to consider...

1.Who makes better money? Is it more practical for me to go to her or vice versa?
2.If I move is there potential for employment.
3.I'll visit her
4.Have her visit me.
5.If I'm willing to move to her,would she be willing to do the same for me?

I'm not overly attached to anywhere I am.On top of that I'm incredibly adaptable..For the right person..What the hell, I'd give it a shot.

I voted yes, but there would be a couple conditions. 1) I'm never living on land again, so it has to be a maritime location.
2) I have a good career and it would have to be a place where I can transfer and still keep my retirement goals. Love means a lot, but I'm sorry but I don't want to work an extra 15 years for you.

Wellllll............maybe. Not likely, but maybe. I have moved to a lot of different states, lots of times, but I am very happy here, so I am not inclined to leave. Moving is such a pain in the ass, and such an expense though, plus, it is one thing to move my dog and cat, but, quite another to move my horse. So, I would not rule it out, but, not very likely.

Depends on where.
I ain't doing a few places.

Yes, absolutley. Life is a series of adventures, some good, some bad, but an adventure none the less..Sieze the Day....

I agree ????

I have to add a caveat here. I am currently the major care-giver for my 89 yo Mother. I will not move until that situation changes. After that, I would be footloose in the right circumstances.

I would relocate, but there are caviots. I am legally blind, and dont' drive, so I'd want a good public transit system. I don't like the desert, but liek greenery and plants. In other words, I just hve to find the local climate/community hospitable and appealing. If I had to move somplace where I could nto be happy, or idependent, chances are the relgationship woudl nto last.

I would, because I'm not crazy about where I live. I wouldn't go just anywhere, and there are other factors that would be in play, not just love.

I have relocated for love.
I wouldn't do it again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64205
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.