Agnostic.com

43 6

Willing To Relocate?

I know there are many on this site for dating as well as community.

For those here for dating purposes specifically, I was wondering how many people on here would be willing to relocate for love?

If you met the right person for you on here and fall in love, could you, or would you be willing to pack up your life and relocate?

I once relaocated to Las Vegas for 2 years for a relationship. Of course I was younger then. I do not think I would do this again,

Please tell me would you relocate for love?

• 58 votes
  • 33 votes
twshield 8 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A BIG no from me,
I have done it,
more than once,
I do not recommend it.
Sell up, move, re settle and when it dies, you are not where you wanted to be.
I moved to the town I live in back in 1995,
left one house to move in with a lady in this town in 1999,
2005 moved interstate to be with someone 7 hours away,
2006 came back here,
2008 moved 400 miles in the other direction,
then in 2010 had to move somewhere less than what I wanted becuas it was all I could afford,
2013 moved back here again.
No plans to leave again.

If I were in love with someone, and we were in a relationship, and she needed to relocate... for job, or family, etc, I would certainly consider it strongly. But for me, I do not think I could fall in love with someone who was already far away... too many factors require proximity and time together... for me.

That said, "Never say never". 🙂

Hypothetically of course.

Maybe if she lived in Vancouver, Victoria, Portland, or the San Francisco Bay Area. I'd also consider moving to New Zealand or Australia.

I like Seattle and have a nice house in a nice neighborhood.

Never say never.

Yes, would relocate, only after married. My dog might make a different choice, and I always go with what he says.

No, that ship has sailed. Maybe if a young Liz Taylor was beckoning me, I might reconsider, but just no.

I would but I'd have to be sure it was for the right person. I also I like where I'm currently living, so it would have to be someplace comparable. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to relocate to anywhere in the bible belt.

I have also relocated for love in the past. Like you, I don't think I'd do it again.

I'm not doing it. The notion that successful love can be achieved over a text conversation is too presumptive.

Yeah I would move if the person I was with was the one I loved

I never say never - but it's unlikely. I see it as a catch-22. In my mind, in order to get to know someone well enough to want to relocate, there needs to be regularity, which often requires proximity. Unless both have the means to travel very regularly back and forth.

Money would have to stop being in the picture for me to relocate. Either I win the lotto or find a rich woman. Why do I say this? My mortgage is under $200 per month and this is what allows me to thrive on the money that I have. I do very nicely but some people have a monthly mortgage that is more than all my money.
At one point I was able to save over $1000 per month. Those days have changed.

That's how I ended up stuck in Manchester. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely worse places in the world to be trapped, but my essence is Australian.

I definitely would. But it might be contingent on where it is I'm locating to. Oops, I guess I just may have said something to the effect of location over love! LOL

I would do it I do not having anything holding me back here.
my new e-commerce business I can run it fro any where so long there is a wifi
I give 110% like my last one for 25 years so I am not afraid to relocate to be with the right person to spend our lives blogging on this platform

Rosh Level 7 Apr 26, 2018

I relocate for a different view alone, and have done so all my life
Relocation is not the issue to me
Love it a lot more problematic
I am both a skeptic and a sapiosexual (attracted to minds FIRST)

So beautiful empty headed women don't do it for me
AND strong minded women with bright minds do
and those are not so easy to find and have a meeting of minds with . . .

I think First and feel Second
So if we feel love, it better make good sense to both of us too . . .
I don't put much stock in that
Might happen, but I am not holding my breath

My kids are all within half an hour of me and there are now two grandchildren. My kids grew up not really knowing their grandparents, especially my folks due to ex's job (military) and my mom passed when I was a kid. I want to know my grandchildren and be close to spend lots of time with them. And then there is that job thing, I don't want to have to find a new job, it's bad enough before 60, I don't think it gets better. And I had a long distance relationship once. When it was good it was amazing, and when it broke apart it was very very bad. The distance killed it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64205
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.