Agnostic.com

7 18

An Illinois elementary school is the latest home of an After School Satan Club and local Christians can’t seem to handle it. Yesterday, as the club held its first meeting, a small group of Christians (including a local pastor) protested outside the building, unable to comprehend the ideas that Christianity isn’t the only game in town and public schools can’t discriminate on the basis of religion.

snytiger6 9 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's just Christian supremacists doing their Christian supremacist thing. Poor little Christian supremacists.

Imagine being so insecure in your faith that you find the mere existence of other faiths on equal footing as your to be intolerable.

Such people come from the "Can't think, won't think" brigade.

I guess christians don't like it when other religions express their freedom of religion?

Christians are always about finger in the eye. They can dish it out, but they can't take it. Weasel hypocrites.

I don't think there should be an after school [any religion] club using publicly funded resources. Wanna pray? Do it on your own time and your own dime.

I'm guessing they probably (fucked around) and got a bible study after school program approved and (found out) if you approve one religious type after school group you cannot discriminate against another.

. . . a wishful sentiment, but that ship has (long ago) sailed :

[founding.com]
[mtsu.edu]

[npr.org]

Republicans have cut school budgets to the point that schools need to rent out space for meetings after school is out for the money it brings in. Boy Scouts, Alcoholics Anonymous, or other religious groups.

(btw, I'm in favor of your whishful sentiment) . . .

"own time and your own dime" -- . . . this just occurred to me :

AFTER school is their 'own time', and TAXES (income, property, other) IS their 'own dime'
. . . yes, it is also OUR dime, but IIUC, NONE of us individually get control of how OUR government 'dime' is spent. 😮

@FearlessFly You can't say in the last sentence that we can't individually control how government money is spent right after saying it's their own dime. Own dime means you get to determine how it's spent.

@JeffMurray . . . quibble, IMO

@snytiger6 I still think that there are/should be parameters for what can occur on publicly owned property.

@JeffMurray . . . again, wishful thinking
. . . but, but, but, but, there's that pesky First Amendment /s

@FearlessFly Pretty sure it's the First Amendment's Establishment Clause that would prevent the use of public resources for religious purposes...

@JeffMurray . . . admittedly a bit snarky, but . . .
. . . which part of "that ship has sailed", was not understood ?

[reuters.com]

@FearlessFly I've conceded the wishful thinking part. Disputing the First Amendment counter.

Get everyone together…..(Satan club members) make up some “Hellish looking” Banners that reads something along the lines of “Heil Satan” or “We’re Satans Kids” and go protest them.

That’ll give them sumthin’ to chew on.

Sooner or later, they'll realize that freedom of religion doesn't just mean them.
Probably later than sooner; they are pretty dense.

LOL Don’t give these clowns THAT much credit!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.