Agnostic.com

19 15

Have you met a person with no sense of humor?

I met the Charlie 1.0 version. When an upgrade comes out, Charlie 2.0 will have a fun personality, tact and a sense of humor already installed.

"Charlie is one of those people who never developed their personality, " Karen said.

I took him on two day hikes with Karen. He criticized both hikes. Unlike us, he did not bring any food to share. Of course he wolfed down treats we offered. Later I learned he never learned to cook.

Charlie couldn't tell a funny story at gunpoint. "Tell me a funny hiking or climbing story," I said. 'I have a million of them."

"I can't think of anything," he protested. I waited. "On a climb both of our hats blew off."

No wonder his wife left him.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to have a sense of humour, but then I found this site, and started talking to a lot of Americans.

Now I find that I have a much reduced sense of humor, and don't care about 'U' anymore.

To make matters worse, Charlie said cruel, hurtful things:

1. "You look older than Karen." Don't ever tell a woman she looks old!" I replied. "For that matter, don't tell anyone they look old. Karen had plastic surgery."

2. "I have seen your painting of Lake Colchuck by Jan Cook Mack at other people's houses." He was calling it common. It was $1,200. Jan gave me a friend discount so I paid $800. It's one of a kind. He has seen other works by Jan. People love her paintings of local mountains.

His meanness would only get worse if we had a relationship.

I may be ok: this story is funnily disturbing: only joking: of course I'm not ok.

I don't have much patience for people without a sense of humor. I simply have to see humor in things, it lifts my spirits and is necessary for my mental well being. I especially like cleverness and wit. As Jimmy Buffet said in one of his songs, "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane!" (Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes)

@Julie808

Like you, I see the humor in life. It makes life fun. Love witty banter!

This is why we go little excursions, must weed out these types. Humor is so important!

He reminds me of a girl I went to high school with. Minus the cooking thing.

I run into them on this site. Just yesterday, I made a joking response to a post about fake relics about how Judas told Jesus to sell fake foreskins as a side hustle, insinuating this was the real reason behind the 30 pieces of silver. He asked me for proof, so I told him to check the gospel of "Peter". He again didn't get it, responded in a snotty fashion that I didn't know what I was talking about and gave me a reading list! Mind you I've taken several biblical exogesis courses, but the point was I was joking. I sent him a link to a book about the 5 Elements of Humor and he pretended the link didn't work (it did, I checked it) and was just as snarky as he could be. So I told him hey, that's strike three, and I blocked his ass. Some people.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sounds like he is socially handicapped for some reason...is it possible he is on the Autism Spectrum?...?

@phoenixone1

Good point. An obsessive technical climber, Charlie climbs the same cliffs over and over. Boring.

I'm autistic, Asperger. So is my grandson. We both have an exceedingly well (over?) developed sense of humour, bordeiing on lunacy! So it can't be just that.

I have a friend on the spectrum and his sense of humor outside of his expertise around western water law is hysterical! Dry, ironic, a real treat.

@Petter my youngest son(who lives with me) is Autistic and humor is VERY difficult for him. Everyone on the Spectrum is different.

@phoenixone1 Sadly that is so. I wish him comfort and space.

I have lost mine sense of humor in recent years. At least that is the way I feel.

I keep myself entertained and I only laugh at my own jokes. There is nothing funny here to be laughed about.

There I said it.

Now help me off of this throne

twill Level 7 Jan 18, 2022

Early in my working life I had a boss who never seemed to laugh, was always serious, and rarely smiled. He struck me as someone who was generally humorless and mostly a dick. He proved it one night when he fired me for something completely trivial.

I worked with one she was my boss, I have a very dry and twisted sense of humour. Did not go down well at all. She was a nasty, person, I am sure there are loads of clinical descriptions for her behaviour.
We all had to be her friends because she is always friends with all of her staff apparently and when we did not want to be her friends we were at fault and needed to fix our attitudes and behaviours.

Why do you do this to yourself? LOL.

@Moolah

My parents talked and laughed every day. That's what I want. I want an activity partner including hiking together.

When my Fitness Singles membership expires in March 2022, I will not renew it. I'm done. Hello, vibrator!

Many years ago I was introduced to a woman in the company of mutual friends. Thereafter, we often saw each other either alone or with friends in a local coffee shop. It did not matter who told a joke she did not get it. After telling her a joke one day I offered to draw a picture to explain it.

I'm not sure but think that she could not visualize the various elements that combine to make a joke or she simply did not find any of our jokes funny. Apart from her seeming lack of humor we had good conversations on a variety of topics.

not when we part. if they are without, I leave them one my extras.

Even if he never learned to cook he could have taken chocolate 🙂 Given your experiences with american men, perhaps you should try another gender. I hear the women aren't bad over there. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've met a couple of totally humorless people, and both were mentally ill. That's not to say that ALL such people are mental cases. But if it quacks like a duck...

A literal hiker, was he?

@Petter

He's an obsessive technical climber. Climbs the same rock walls over and over.

Don't want to hang my life from a piton I tapped into a rock crack.

@LiterateHiker” piton tapped into a crack”. Your refer to rock, not the deadhead, right?

@Canndue

Don't want to risk my life hanging from piton I tapped into a rock crack.

Yeah stay away from him

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 18, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.