Agnostic.com

28 17

I haven’t posted here in ages, but I do stick around on several Athiest sites. Today I saw a term used that I hadn’t before: Ex-Christian. I like it much more than Athiest, and it tells the entire story in essentially one word. What does everyone else think?

EyesThatSmile 8 Feb 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ex Christian doesn't mean atheist. Recovering christian (insert sect) was always funny to me.

Is there such a thing as replenishing the earth? When the bibble says mankind is here to replenish the earth we might assume that the earth had been plenished before. Just sayin'.

Having come from Mormonism, ex-Mormon or former Mormon are rather commonly used terms for some time. By extension, I would have assumed ex-Christian would also have been in common use. I would think the term would have useful descriptive application and would not necessarily be an equivalent to atheist. Someone could leave Christianity to become a Muslim or some other theistic religion. They would still be ex-Christian, but not atheist. Add the term to our vernacular? Certainly! It is descriptive.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.