Agnostic.com

2 6

To me, you are all beautiful trees.

Sookiesue 6 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Debbie Downer alert for the paragraph that follows, sorry.

It's a nice thought, until you think about any longer than three seconds. Trees in a forest don't try to scam your grandmother or hack into your online bank accounts. They don't take away your reproductive rights or prevent you from marrying the person you love. They don't vote to allow the people who wish to shoot up your child's school to have unfettered access to firearms. They don't poison your drinking water and pollute your air just to increase their profit margin. They don't molest your children and hide behind the cloth. They don't dismantle democracy and try to hide behind pardons and immunity. So while yes, maybe there are some superficial "you're toos" we could dispense with by turning people into trees in our minds, I just can't appreciate all those humans that are rotten to the core just the way they are...

It's not being a Debbie D if it is truth. Truth just IS.

Yes. It’s sad and my thinking is wistful. 🥲

Mr. Dass was obviously unaware of the words perennial or deciduous as opposed to evergreens and so settled on "whatevers"

or maybe “invasive” plants?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.