Agnostic.com

6 5

Here's another gem for all of the fanatics who lack a sense of humor. Irresistable!

Silver1wun 7 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

By asking countless women. They will not be satisfied unless they are asked about all aspects of definition . I would hope that they all appreciate the science and all its intricacies.

What is truly sad is none of the people asking the questions are biologists or ever worked in neonatal care. They conflate woman and female. What I am personally so over the top disgusted, fed up with and at times gob smacked is how far some people will go to let their stupid/ignorance shine.

Women ARE female. That is a physiological and scientific fact. Women are not male and men are not female. Attempts to distort language via misuse and misapplication are frail arguments in reality. Reality is what happens and what is, not what is imagined or contrived. This is why most of us participate in this site. You don't get to establish things as facts by a mere declaration that persuades a gullible consensus.

We are, like it or not, animals. We are very specialized creatures, but creatures nevertheless.

Like our near creature cousins, our species is comprised of males and females with few aberrations; and I mean that physically. That biological fact cannot be literally 'man splained' away.

@Silver1wun How you ever worked in neonatal?

Because you have no self-awareness, many of you are blind to how well you compare to Fundamentalist Christians who accuse atheists of 'hating god'. Y'all just have a few different gods and those who question them are accused of hating them.

All we are doing is agitating your sense of security in safe-zones of fantasy. Sounds the same and probably feels the same. Doesn't it??

Do you wonder if she can spell?

Where are your degrees from and how well did you do?

@lerlo University and very, thank you for asking.

Read the first line of the OP with spelling in mind and consider who my question is to, what it means, consider the evidence, and then we can discuss further.

@waitingforgodo yeah so easy to decide who "she" was in this context. Guessing that University wasn't Harvard

@lerlo The Original Post sought to impugn Jackson's intelligence but unfortunately the poster was incapable of spelling the word irresistible which amusingly undermined his contention, hence the joke turned the tables on the inquisitor. Now do you understand?

@waitingforgodo as I said the "she" was soooo obvious

The comic, and anyone who thinks its content poignant, have done nothing but show how incredibly ignorant of Supreme Court precedent they are, while standing in a large, virtual group of people all wearing "I'm with Stupid" T-shirts.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

She was not going to answer that question correctly for the person who asked it. She did a good job working with the repubs on that committee/

Imagine having the latitude to ask someone who is going to hold one of the highest offices in the land virtually any question but being intellectually limited to the point that you settle for that one. Their lack of intellectual integrity truly boggles the mind.

@dalefvictor You make me wonder what you think the correct answer is if she didn't answer it correctly.

@waitingforgodo There is no correct answer when the question is improper. The dirty cons are just angry because she limited their ability to criticize her answer by not answering.

Besides, anyone who thinks mere words are able to capture the essence of a woman has never had the pleasure of truly knowing a quality one.

@LovinLarge

"Besides, anyone who thinks mere words are able to capture the essence of a woman has never had the pleasure of truly knowing a quality one."

The fact of the matter is what you stated is exactly what 'transgender' individuals believe they can do. Mere words and imagination felt to be real are all they have to capture their 'essence' of a woman and to masquerade as one. That they believe it in their heart of hearts does not make them 'female' enough to impose their belief in the form of secular laws that diminish the quality of life of others by making them inferior or objects of ridicule and abuse. It is a set of behaviors that are as 'RELIGIOUS' as it gets.

Few to no people have a problem with what others believe about life or themselves until it becomes something limiting their personal liberties. This is why non-believers are so riled by secular interference with rights like bodily sovereignty, limitations placed on them on what they can do or buy on certain days of the week, imposing of holidays meaningful to some on ALL and other belief and philosophically based infringements on all by a few. THAT is privilege. Privilege must be conferred. Law is the most common way for it to be accomplished.

Surely you don't believe that the only people who want to control how others lives are the ones propagating god nonsense...

Religion, sexuality, ideology? These are private things we're protected to believe or not. We are not, however, privileged to force them upon the daily lives of others via demonizing, ridicule or the law.

@Silver1wun Sorry, lonely old hatemonger, not remotely interested enough in what you have to say to read all that.

@LovinLarge It was a hate-monger rant...

I think @Silver1wun 's point is that there's a whole issue arising about what exactly is a woman, a man, a transgender, etc.

But to your point....it was a long, drawn out rant.

She (Sen Blackburn) should have rephrased the question to perhaps ask "what's your opinion on the growing trend for blurring the definition of the sexes" . She didn't...and that speaks to her weakness as a Republican.

But Ms Jackson's answer - or lack thereof....was a good response.

@LovinLarge There you go again, flattering yourself. I'm not writing responses to you but to what you state. It isn't for you. That is why I express gratitude for your part in our exchanges. Without you, offering a different perspective couldn't be as effective.

You are what is called a 'foil'; (Annie is that way too) like the 'straight man' in a comedy team. Without setting up the joke, the punchline isn't as meaningful; as in funny. Works the same way with drama in revealing fanaticism. You provide an orientational back-drop, so to say. It reflects views shared by others following the thread but without their egos invested as deeply and it gives them an opportunity to see some absurd notions they might also hold in a different light.

I might not be worth paragraphs to you, but for me, you are absolutely a gift that keeps on giving. Thank you.

@Robecology For the senator's purposes it was a jackpot; as evidenced by the viral reactions to it. Good questions work to disclose reality no matter how they are answered. In this case, the stealth candidate 'showed her slip'... ( a little archaic lingo)

Radicals out to change society to their tyrannical liking first change the language. Who controls language controls the frame of reference. The press/media are the enforcers and propagators of the language. They keep the herd going toward the boxcars out of fear of breaking away in other intellectual directions.

@Silver1wun I think you missed her point...and you two are just looking for ways to make subtle digs.

I don't see the "jackpot' for Blackburn. Yea, she's winning points for the GOP....but not the public in general. It was a lame, weak, question. No jackpot for her.

Again - you're just ranting baseless, unsupported stuff. Very #religulous/#Republican/#pseudoconservative of you

@Robecology From the Left, I admittedly appear to be 'pseudo-conservative' any time I agree with them. Strangely enough, it is also for different reasons. Doesn't matter though to herd 'thinkers'. I can promise you that I'm also often seen by people on the Right as a 'flaming liberal' and it isn't limited to atheistic mind set.

From the corral, the frame of reference is that of keeping together for security and following the herders out of fear. Mavericks, to hooved humans, are always regarded suspiciously, if not a bit jealously.

@Silver1wun You're still ranting. Sad.

@waitingforgodo The idiots who asked the question were not going to be happy with anything she said.

@dalefvictor true and despite the question being inappropriate, she answered it correctly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657499
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.