Agnostic.com

6 7

The science you can learn on the internet is amazing!

BD66 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some will believe this so.....

And there are many wild cattle as well as swine. It is the antibiotics that are tainting the cadaver industry.

Remember John Pinette, he knew food. Miss him.

Cows are domesticated versions of the now extinct Auroch and Bos Taurus.
Domesticated pigs are descended from the Eurasian Wild Boar, several domesticated breeds of pig are quite capable of returning to the wild and not only surviving but thriving, evidenced by the wild hog problems being encountered in North America. There is no possibility of cross breeding between species that are so genetically different as the muskrat (rodent), bob cat (feline) and the hyena (hyaenidae).
This post reminds me of something I would expect from Kenneth Ham, when he's not out and about riding his trusty dinosaur. 😉

So what?

I don't give a shit what it is. I don't eat an animal because of what kind of animal it was, I eat it because it tastes good. I love how people think that is a convincing argument. People have said to me (because I love cats), "what if I cooked a cat and fed it to you before I told you what it was?" And I'm like, "Well, if it was super delicious, I'd probably say, 'Well, I guess I eat cat now.'"

Tastes good? So does radiator coolant.

@Mooolah Are you suggesting that eating cats would kill you?

@JeffMurray No. I am suggesting that eating something because it tastes" good" is a hedonistic choice, leading to obesity, addictions, blah blah. But we are going for humor here, not cynicism. Just make sure the cat is not alive when you eat it or it might kill you. Especially the larger species. =0}

@Mooolah My point was that using coolant as your example created a false equivalency. There's nothing inherent to felines that makes them more dangerous to your health to consume. I'd actually venture to guess that cat meat is leaner and healthier than cow or pig.
Furthermore, your claim that hedonistic food choices can't be made responsibly and in moderation is also nonsensical.

Muskrat is good.... Their diet consists of tender grass shoots

@Redneckliberal
A shiver just went down my spine 👀

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.