Agnostic.com

6 10

LINK This child had all her hair plucked out in a disturbing Jain ritual

In a truly disturbing video circulating online, an eight-year-old girl from India is seen having her hair ripped off, clump by clump, strand by strand, as a way to prove she’s indifferent to pain. It’s part of a Jain religious ritual that marks her entry into the priesthood.

I repeat: She’s eight and entering the priesthood and participating in a ritual that is painful to even watch.

This video is not for the faint of heart. You’ve been warned. If you don’t want to watch it, that’s fine. Just skip to the next bit.

snytiger6 9 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Apparently, the world would be a better place if a few 'Jains were plucked out'.

What have they done her before this so that she ignore such pain. I did not watch I can not watch a child be abused and retain a semblence of a low blood pressure.

It makes me want to hurt the grown ups.

What the hell is the purpose of this? Disgusting.

Sick. Sick as usual. But as we all know, it could be so much worse, and is worse in many other religions.

Words fail.
🤬🤬

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.