Agnostic.com

4 10

[Top Southern Baptists plan to release secret list of abusers](http://[wmur.com]
Top administrative leaders for the Southern Baptist Convention, the largest Protestant denomination in America, said Tuesday that they will release a secret list of hundreds of pastors and other church-affiliated personnel accused of sexual abuse.

An attorney for the SBC's Executive Committee announced the decision during a virtual meeting called in response to a scathing investigative report detailing how the committee mishandled allegations of sex abuse and stonewalled numerous survivors.

MyTVC15 7 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

After reading several articles on this subject, I was a little disappointed in what was actually being done.
The list only covers the last 20 years, The leadership has no plans to do anymore than release the list and have the convention decide what action they wish to take with no recommendation. They are redacting an unknown number of names for lack of published evidence. The two people that were responsible for the list, one retired, and one was the whistleblower that let it leak that the list existed or they would have continued to deny their ability to even have a list. They have no plan going forward and are sticking to it.

Oh fucking wonderful.

They will actually start being honest about their sex-abuse scandal. At last. After years of cover-ups, evasions, and victim blaming.

Why? Because they 'want to do the right thing'?

No. Because finally, at last, they have no bloody choice. They've been 'caught', and the shit is hitting the fan.

If they hadn't been caught they would STILL be covering up, STILL victim blaming, STILL evading. Because THAT is the 'true level' of morallity among these assholes.

No amount of retribution will ever be enough for what they've done.

I could try?

@PondartIncbendog By all means. 😁

Great. If, after this and the insurrection hearings, Americans can't vote for Dems then they deserve everything that's happened and is happening to them. Everything. Doesn't seem a hard decision to me.

@TheMiddleWay I've been trying to tell people this is the diff between parties for about 33 years now. Dogmatic religion is poison but has been a staple of Con Party for 50 years. More but 1980 is when The Religious Right found steroids. They've been more dangerous than Dems ever since.

Many democrats are hopelessly corrupt. The claim that they are as bad as the GQP is a meme meant to confuse the weak minded, and it works very, very well.

@Gwendolyn2018 That pretty well describes most, if not every, choice humans make in life. Especially those who are parents (I'm told). At this moment of time Dems are the tonic for an imbalance (religion being on the rise). They will drive a change of societal view toward individual respect, acceptance, and equal health/protection. Cons will not, that is demonstrated, so any hope for progress is on two blue tickets (maybe three). After that, the tonic will sour and become dangerous. At that time, if such a time comes, then Cons will be the tonic. But, to your comment, I think any group (3+) of humans becomes evil (ultimately). Individually, humans are each developing Buddhas so it depends on whether one sees the Dem as a person or group. Sorry for the long answer but the topic seemed to call for rumination.

@racocn8 "Many democrats are hopelessly corrupt." Joe Manchin is a name that comes to mind.

@racocn8, @creative51 Financially beholden = corrupt

Good move bringing it (the conversation) around to politics and voting, btw.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.