Agnostic.com

10 7

At almost 70, I could live with a ban on sex.

[yahoo.com]

#sex
Gwendolyn2018 9 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It isn't banned? I was led to believe it was. Just like bralessness.

@Gwendolyn2018 a couple years ago I paid out of pocket for breast reduction, which I should have done 40+ years ago!
Do not even own a bra now, and good riddance!

@Gwendolyn2018 I use paper tape (from the pharmacy) over the nipples under thin-cloth tops. Get the blue stuff, everything else leaves adhesive!

Ummmmm, no.

sounds very republican.

I’ve been on an involuntary one for well over a decade. 😳

@Gwendolyn2018 I would have to start meeting any people. 😁 I have pretty much become a recluse, I find it far less frustrating and has eliminated all worry and stress in my life.

@Gwendolyn2018 to a certain degree. But at this point I’ve been alone for so long, the idea of being with someone scares the crap out of me. So I am not making any great effort. If I met someone I was attracted to, I would not turn down the opportunity. Just hard to meet someone when you don’t go anywhere.

I admire his optimism in believing we could get this all sorted out in a year. Then again, it's satire, so he's granted some latitude.

If I thought it truly would work, I'd consider sacrificing my sex life to the cause for a year, but I think it would only be a reflection of our current rights with these draconian abortion laws: the common people would go without, while the rich and privileged continued to have sex and abortions. As I love sex, and thoroughly enjoy the thrill of no periods or pregnancy fears at this age, I'll abstain from abstaining for whatever time I have left to enjoy it.

Lauren Level 8 July 16, 2022

Not me! I really love sex!

@Gwendolyn2018 Include me in your list

Unfortunately the women most affected by these Draconian laws are young and nubile. Most of their partners are the same and I would almost guarantee their partners disagree with the anti-choice laws. Unfortunately they're not the people making those laws. I desperately hope they will wake up and start voting in greater numbers and get rid of the old farts.

I can live without it. Now.
Not 50 years ago, and not everyone is as old and decrepit as we are.

Can we just ban sex for the lawmakers and supporters of these ridiculous restrictions? What about manslaughter charges for those same lawmakers for every woman's death those laws cause. Included could be deaths from pregnancy complications that were known that doctors could have prevented and those caused by back alley abortions.

MizJ Level 8 July 16, 2022

Why not. It would allow the air to clear and give time for good decisions to be fought out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.