Agnostic.com

4 0

Well, at least the US and Russia talking. I guess the US thinks this is Vietnam again, forgetting how that ended and that Russia is far more formidable than Vietnam and has nuclear weapons to boot? All the weapons in the world didn't save South Vietnam, and while the similarities are limited, the strategy appears the same? I hope this war doesn't get worse, and that it comes to a just end as soon as possible. Blinken Holds First Call With Lavrov Since February, Ceasefires Not Discussed: [news.antiwar.com]

Druvius 8 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's Russia's Vietnam, not the United States's.

barjoe Level 9 July 30, 2022

No Viet Nam as no war declared. More like the war in Laos; a proxy war.

puff Level 8 July 30, 2022

Very similar to Vietnam: [original.antiwar.com]

We all hope it doesn’t worsen, including POTUS Joe (I think). The strategy is not the same largely because we are not officially at war with Russia. That is a designation we are trying to avoid (successfully, so far) for good reason (those nukes). States of America can not simply stand down and stand by while an ally of such importance to grain, as well as geography, is invaded. Our weapons aid has helped a determined people push back their attacker and I think that’s something to be proud of.

Am looking forward to hearing from you

Sarah4 Level 1 July 30, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.