Agnostic.com

5 10

Uhm. Yeah. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😳😲😬😬😬😬😬

#yikes

Plantation Slave Cabins Are Being Rented Out On AirBNB

SeaGreenEyez 9 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What’s sadder to me is that today’s slaves don’t even realize they’re slaves, because they get weekends off, and are allowed to occasionally transfer to different owners.

skado Level 9 Aug 2, 2022

Nobody who can afford to rent a place would tolerate living in slave quarters. Those cabins cannot be authentic.

Or they could have been updated in the past 150 years?

@ChestRockfield making them not authentic

@BitFlipper Guess it depends on your definition of authentic and how the updates were done...

Are they in their original condition? πŸ˜‚

AirBnB removed the listing and promised to look into any listing that might be former slave quarters. Me, meh, depends on how it was listed I suppose, it's not necessarily bad, there must be huge numbers of buildings in the US that once held slaves.

Are they like, "Hey come stay with us and harken back to the good ol' days when whites were allowed to own people" or simply "shit's hard out here, anyone wanna pay me a few bucks to stay the night?" That makes a huge difference...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679535
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.