Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Armed suspect arrested after trying to enter El Mirage school; 3 parents in custody

Tensions are a little high as school starts. And parents trust the police so little that they're lining up to be treated like Karens. I wish I could say ha, ha.
But it's not very funny.

From the link

El Mirage officers say an armed suspect has been arrested after staff called police when he tried to enter an elementary school late Friday morning. Three parents, including one who had a gun, were also arrested by police after a confrontation with officers, investigators confirmed. Police have not released the man’s name.
According to Chavez, parents started showing up after receiving calls from their kids. Chavez says the school was still on lockdown, and officers told parents they wouldn’t be let in the school. This is when some parents became confrontational with police, with some saying they were going to come in to protect their kids.

Chavez says the situation escalated, and three parents were arrested. Police confirmed one of the parents taken into custody had a gun. Officers used a stun gun on two parents, and one had to be taken to the hospital. Chavez says all three parents will be charged.

RichCC 8 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That should be an interesting trial. The state can't assure protection of school kids but has authority to keep parents from doing so? I don't think so and we'll find out if a jury does.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.