Agnostic.com

27 2

Does anyone here deal with fatigue?

Does anyone else suffer from fatigue?

If so, how do you deal with it or manage it?

Ellatynemouth 8 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All the time. I manage it poorly...

Thank you

My anxiety is a big culprit in my fatigue, and a few other things, mental health wise. I find that naps and going slow eases the fatigue to an extent.

Are you engaging in any systematic physical exercise. If not, you should start working out at least 3 days a week -- and stay with it.

Thank you

Lately it is chronic. I know that mine stems from the stress I have been experiencing as well as the depression. I am working on taking better care of myself, and when I can I take naps.

Thank you

Yes, diabetes suck the life out of you by making you feel tired all the time. Extreme condition, you don't feel like doing anything at all. Its pretty depressing at times. My best strategy to deal with it (Keeping meds, diet and exercise in the right order and measure)... Coffee!!!!!! The hyper rush I get from coffee helps me through the day.... The down side is high blood pressure. I have made peace with the fact I cannot have it all so I'll keep blasting through my life coffee up until the day I'll get a heart attack.... At least I will enjoy every day to the max and the end will be quick

Thank you

@Ellatynemouth hope it helps. You may want to have your condition checked out to find the root cause and determine the best course of action. It can be something pretty simple. Cheers !!!

Yes as of lately I’ve been dealing with fatigue,I’ve tried coffee energy drinks but unfortunately a nap works best for me.

Thank you

Yes! I try to sleep, but I think it's more mental. Meditation helps immensely.

Thank you

Also the app: BEST SMOOTH JAZZ, Host Rod Lucas out of London 24/7.

Vitamins and supplements.

Yes. Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's Disease play a significant role for me, as does raising a toddler, LOL. Proper medication, supplements, rest, self-care, and taking it slow are all strategies I use.

Thank you

I do sometimes, and usually listening to upbeat music helps me get through fatigue spells.

Thank you

Every day. I typically drink tons of green tea or coffee. I've fallen asleep standing up before its that bad

Thank you

@Jones_HF ah i can't take energy drinks. Instead of energy they just make me sleepy AND tachycardic. Not very good for my heart.

I do. I have narcolepsy, which leaves me half asleep most of the time and completely asleep at inopportune times during the day. The only thing that puts a dent in it is 100mg of modafinil. ?

Thank you

Yes when I was diagnosed 20 yrs ago they put me on ritalin. I was able to get out of bed and go to work every day. I had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Let me have a career till 58. They had to take me off ritalin when I was diagnosed with leukemia 6 years ago. I'm not on it now and I get spurts of energy.

Thank you

I'm wide awake for maybe 3 hours a day. After that I'm in zombie mode. Sometimes it's an effort to hold a phone to my ear

Thank you

Have never had a full nights sleep for 23 plus years ..if I get two hours unbroken .. Bonus !
I 've learned not to stress about it ..if I'm lying down ..well .. At least I 'm relaxed..no point stressing or you just end up anxious and exhausted ..
It's not ideal but have resigned myself to it. Sleeping tablets have never been a consideration as they are chemically induced and have a knock on hangover effect .I empathise with you fully ...

Thank you

I am a hypnotherapist and in one session I can have you sleeping every night restfully with sweet dreams.

I'm actually resigned to it .So I don't let it stress me and it's a pattern I'm used to now ..but thank you a yway !

There are medical reasons for fatigue. Maybe get checked?

Thank you

Yes. I’m tired all the the time, but I sleep little and work all the time.

Thank you

Yes, bucketloads. Managing stress, not over doing it, listening to my body, getting decent sleep.

Thank you

Hi my own experience was doing the 5-2 diet, buying a sleep monitor watch, walking at least, 8000 steps a day, no TV or screens in bedroom read maybe an hour before bed, using 6 drops of lavender on my pillow.
Now I get 5.5 hours of sleep a night.

Yes, I have chronic fatigue because of of multiple health challenges which I won’t get into because I don’t like to dwell on it but it can be a real pain in the ass. I will say, every challenge I faced has only made me a stronger person. I hope you will find a similar strength. Listening to your body and resting as much as needed works for me. In my case it’s definitely not depression. I’m a former clinical therapist who indeed knows depression from my past. But I know in my case, fortunately I don’t have chronic depression anymore. I refuse to let that rob another slice of my whole. Good luck. You can DM me if you want to know something more.

I don't but a friend has for years, her answer is "nana naps".

Yes, ever since hitting menopause . I fall asleep anytime anywhere these days. And I don't know what the hell to do about it

I have Lyme disease. Chronic fatigue syndrome is part of that, but not my worst thing. When it hits, there isn't much I can do but sleep. Or try to sleep. It stinks when you're that damned tired ... but can't sleep.

vita Level 7 Apr 28, 2018

Only when I am tired. lol

ebdb Level 7 Apr 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.