Agnostic.com

32 5

Do you ever feel lucky or unlucky?

When it comes to luck - do you believe in it or not?

And if you don't logically believe in it - is there still some lingering feeling of luck or lack of?

silvereyes 8 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is no logic to it, but I have a couple of tons of anecdotal evidence from personal experience to state emphatically that I have really, really bad luck.

I think sometimes things in life just having to happen, rather good or bad to people. Take these people living the high life for example and the ones who worked for that same life never get anywhere and their hard work never pays off. I think it is just how the universe and life works. It doesn’t like or dislike anybody, so therefore things just happens. Hope that came out right.

Back to the origins of religions.

I feel a bit unlucky but it's not logical.

Unfortunately, not always. Lol

Paraphrasing from the Casteneda books: luck is a material to be gathered or cultivated by living mindfully. It is not exchanged for anything: it is just carried.

Until this is proven scientifically, it is of course just another silly superstition. But it's not a bad one, as far as silly superstitions go.

Let me put it this way, I call it Lisa's law -Screw this Murphy guy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6863
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.