Agnostic.com

6 11

MAD magazine is 70 years old. My go to as an adolescent.

Sierra4 8 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dang, MAD magazine is still kicking after all these years? It's a classic and brings back many memories for me too. I remember flipping through those pages as a kid and laughing my butt off at all the crazy stuff they came up with. It was definitely my go-to back in the day. It's incredible to see how things have changed over the years, but it's always nice to remember the classics that we grew up with. I'm sure MAD magazine has inspired countless people to pursue careers in writing and comedy.

I even decided to try to write a few articles myself since there are some literary magazines accepting submissions. Cheers to 70 years, and here's to many more!

A lot of fabulous satire with minimal content to be skipped...

I had a fives-years-older sister, so got to read it in primary school. My favorite mag ever. The only bad thing about my sister leaving home was that she no longer shared. I did pick one up later…it wasn’t as good…don’t know if that was about me or the mag.

What, me Worry ? 🙂

Some of us "girlz" loved it also.

That made the years go by easier, that's for sure.

RIGHT! It was wonderful to know people were creating that kind of humor!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:689009
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.