Agnostic.com

5 15

Happy 98th Birthday to our 39th President. He's our greatest former president and our oldest living president ever. Pictured of course Jimmy Carter, his wife of 75 years Rosalyn and my buddy Jim when he was just a little guy. James Earl Carter IV. He was the hero of the 2012 election. Recorded and leaked Romney's 47% speech.

barjoe 9 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Carter has a great heart. When he announced as Gov., that there was no place for segregation in Georgia, I felt as a nation, that we had reached a mile stone in America. He could not delegate tho Micro managed. He accepted the Shah of Iran, an installed despot by the CIA in a 1953 coup, whose people were brutalized by goon squads. He could have put the Shah on Guam & everything would have been ok. The great scandal was that he had lusted in his heart. A Playboy exclusive. Seems so mild compared to those that "came" later.

I don't know what a despot the Shah was. "Seems so mild compared to those that 'came' later"

Greatest? Maybe if you consider the bar to be so low by the others. Hard to compare. He didn't have enough of a record to stop Reagan from making him a one-term president. I can't recall any accomplishments other than the stagflation, wearing a sweater. The Iran Hostage rescue was a major humiliation, reminding everyone how ham-handed our military can be. Camp David? Ugh. Swine flu, maybe? How does a supposed diplomat describe an ally as being apartheid? I'll give him kudos for his Habitat for Humanity promotion.

Jimmy Carter arranged the hostage rescue but it failed due to a sandstorm and 8 servicemen died. The publicity caused the release of the hostages but Reagan had that slowed up to where the American people thought it was Reagan who freed our hostages. I was a Reagan Republican at the time.

My man, undoubtedly the most ethical, I remember the race between him and Ford; the people won either way. Trump is a psycho and Biden is mostly a bureaucrat who by virtue of seniority has been promoted far beyond his abilities. I've been forced in conversations to ask if they were Carter Christian or Trump Christian, big difference between them.

I disagree with you about Joe Biden. He's old but he's an excellent president imo.

@barjoe He understands the nuts and bolts and can call in lots of favor. He's an above average caretaker President but he's not very inspirational or progressive.

@barjoe "Excellent" is not how I would Describe Biden's presidency.

@puff I don't value your opinion much in this matter.

@Buttercup He's a very liberal president.

@barjoe Liberal with his claims no doubt.
Woman and children in Afghanistan far better off with this liberal president. At least the Saudi's are happy in their pariah state status. Bring the country together, reducing inflation.
Can't wait for POTUS Harris.

@puff That won't happen unless he dies. I'd rather see Putin croak. That'd be a blessing for the world. I'd start drinking again.

@barjoe Dies or declared unfit. Looking forward to 2 years of "Weekend at Burnie's"

@puff (sic) Bernie's

@barjoe My bad, Tasmania.

HBD. You are the first American I can recall who praises Carter.

puff Level 8 Oct 1, 2022

You talk to too many Republicans. Carter has been the most exemplary former holder of the office. He was a victim of the Iran hostage crisis.

@barjoe I always liked him, especially what he has done afterwards. But his popularity back home was never really there as far as I could tell. I always assumed he was overshadowed by Reganomics with Thatcher from the UK and the fall of the Berlin wall pushing the Carter presidency to a side note of US history.

I wish more leaders were like him, as well as more christians. I think he embodies the best of what they have to offer.

You do have leaders like him, Sanders for example. A pity the untouchable DNC refuse to recognise them.

@puff Sanders? Progressive yes, but how many progressive candidates did he support?

If Sanders had won the presidency, he would have had few supporters in Congress and as POTUS he would have failed.

@yvilletom We will never know will we, thanks to the DNC

@puff You will know when you step out of your fantasy and look at Sanders’ history.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:689119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.