Agnostic.com

15 3

At long last the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, succinctly expresses what is thought by many intelligent world citizens who are largely denied voice in western media¹:

West's Policy Toward Other Countries 'Dirty, Bloody,' Denies Nations Right to Sovereignty: Putin
28th October 2022

© Sputnik / Sergei Guneev

Ilya Tsukanov

The Russian president's comments come amid the continued unprecedented tensions between Moscow and the West over the long-running Ukrainian crisis, which escalated into a proxy conflict between Russia and NATO earlier this year.
The West seeks to establish and maintain its control over the rest of the planet using "dirty" and "bloody" means, President Vladimir Putin has said.
"World domination is what the so-called West has staked in its game, but the game is unquestionably dangerous, bloody and I would say, dirty," Putin said, speaking at the plenary meeting of the Valdai Discussion Forum on Thursday.
"It denies the sovereignty of nations and peoples, their identity and uniqueness, and has no regard whatsoever for other countries," Putin added.

'Rules-Based Order' is an 'Order With No Rules'
The Russian president also suggested that the so-called 'rules-based' international order declared by the US and its allies actually has only one "rule" - designed to give those who created it "the opportunity to live without any rules whatsoever" and enabling them to "get away with anything, no matter what they've done."
Attempts to do away with cultural, social, political and civilizational diversity and to "erase any and all differences have become almost the essence of the modern West," and is aimed at ensuring "the disappearance of the creative potential in the West itself and the desire to contain and block the free development of other civilizations. There is also a direct mercantile interest here, of course," Putin said, pointing to the West's efforts to impose its consumer culture values on others to expand their markets.

"It's no coincidence that the West claims that its culture and worldview should be universal. Even if they don't say so directly, they behave this way. In fact, their approach insists that these values be unconditionally accepted by all other participants in international communication," the president said.

The origins of the current crisis have their roots in the destruction of the Soviet Union three decades ago, Putin said. "The collapse of the Soviet Union destroyed the balance of political forces. The West felt like a winner and proclaimed a unipolar world order in which only its will, its culture, its interests had the right to exist."

Escalation
"The so-called West - I use this term conditionally of course, there is no unity there, it's clear that this is a very complex conglomerate - has taken a number of steps in recent years and especially in recent months toward escalation," Putin said, describing the state of affairs in the world today.
"They're always trying to escalate...They're fueling the war in Ukraine, organizing provocations around Taiwan, destabilizing the world food and energy markets," Putin said.
Putin characterized last month's terrorist attack against the Nord Stream gas pipeline network as an "outrageous" step, adding that unfortunately, "we are witnessing these sad events."
Pointing to Western governments' admission that they financed the events leading up to the 2014 Euromaidan coup in Kiev, which gave rise to the current crisis in relations between Russia and the West, Putin suggested that they've openly demonstrated their "loutish" nature.

Putin warned that the West's confidence in its "infallibility" is a "very dangerous" delusion, with there only being "one step" between this self-confidence to the idea that "they can simply destroy those they do not like, or as they say, to 'cancel' them."
But "history will put everything in its proper place and will not 'cancel' the works of the greatest and broadly recognized geniuses of world culture, but instead those who today have decided for some reason that they have the right to dispose of world culture at their own discretion. The self-conceit of these people is off the charts. But in a few years no one will remember them, while Dostoevsky, Tchaikovsky and Pushkin will live," Putin assured.
The neo-liberal "American-style" model is experiencing a "doctrinal crisis," according to the president, and has "nothing to offer the world except to preserve their dominance."

Emphasizing that Russia is not a natural "enemy" of the West, Putin urged the West's liberal leaders and elites to stop seeing "the hand of the Kremlin" behind all their internal domestic problems.
"In the conditions of the current tough conflict, I'll say a few things directly: Russia, being an independent, distinct civilization, has never considered itself and does not consider itself an enemy of the West. Americanophobia, Anglophobia, Francophobia, Germanophobia are forms of racism, just like Russophobia and Anti-Semitism or any manifestation of xenophobia," Putin stressed.
But there are "at least two Wests," the president added, including the positive, traditional one with its immensely rich culture and the aggressive, neocolonial one, whose dictates Moscow will never accept. Russia has resisted Western hegemony and "its right to exist and develop freely," and at the same time does not have any plans to itself "become some kind of new hegemony," nor to impose its values on anyone or "interfere in someone else's backyard," Putin said.

Solutions
The Russian president suggested that amid the escalating economic, humanitarian, military and political crises plaguing the planet, it is unlikely that any country anywhere will be able to 'sit things out'. Therefore, solutions of a global scale need to be reached, even if they are imperfect ones.
"The crisis has acquired a truly global character and affects everyone. There's no need to harbor any illusions. There are essentially two paths for humanity: either to continue to accumulate the burden of problems which will inevitably crush us all, or to try to find solutions together, solutions which may not be ideal, but which work, and which are capable of making our world more stable and safer," Putin said.
The Russian president emphasized that the West would need to start talking to rising alternative centers of power. "I have always believe and continue to believe in the power of common sense, and therefore am convinced that sooner or later both the new centers of a multipolar world order and the West will have to start a conversation based on equality about our common future. The sooner, the better, of course," he said.
The "new world order" that replaces the current one "should be based on law, be free, original and fair. Thus, the world economy and trade should become more fair and open," Putin said, benefiting the majority of nations and people, not individual corporations. At the same time, technology should reduce inequality, not increase it.
The president added that new international financial platforms are necessary which are outside the control of national jurisdictions, and which are "secure, depoliticized, automated and not dependent on any single control center." Putin expressed confidence that such a system could be built.
Multipolarity is a necessity for the planet, including for Europe - to restore the latter's political and economic agency, which is "very limited" today, according to Putin.
"We are standing on a historical frontier. Ahead of us is probably the most dangerous unpredictable and at the same time important decade since the end of the Second World War," Putin said.

Ukraine
Commenting on Russia's ongoing military operation in Ukraine, Putin said he thinks about the losses in life resulting from the conflict "all the time," and that the crisis in Ukraine is a part of the "tectonic changes" taking place "in the entire world order."
"Why was it necessary to carry out a coup d'etat in Ukraine in 2014?" Putin asked, recalling the origins of the current crisis. "[Ukrainian President Viktor] Yanukovych actually gave up power and agreed to hold early elections...Why was it necessary to carry out a bloody anti-constitutional coup under these conditions?"

The answer, Putin believes, is that the West wanted to "show" everyone "who's the boss in the house. 'Everyone (and ladies please excuse me for the expression) has to sit on their buttocks and not quack. It will be how we say it will be.' I simply cannot explain these actions any other way," Putin said.
Putin said Russia had no other choice but to recognize the Donbass republics in February and to come to their defense, and said that the unity of the Russian and Ukrainian people is an undisputable historical fact. Only Russia could guarantee Ukraine's sovereignty, as Russia "created" Ukraine during the Soviet period, Putin said.
In the decades after the end of the Cold War, Russia's consistent message to the West and NATO was "let's all get along," like in the Soviet children's cartoon Leopold the Cat, but in almost all the main areas of potential cooperation, Moscow got the simple answer "No," according to Putin.
Regarding the latest developments in the Ukrainian crisis and the concerning reports from Russian officials and military commanders that Kiev may be preparing to use a dirty bomb, Putin said he welcomes the International Atomic Energy Agency's initiative to check Ukraine's nuclear facilities.
"We are for it. This needs to be done as quickly as possible, as thoroughly as possible, because we know that right now the authorities in Kiev are doing everything possible to cover up the traces of these preparations," Putin said.
The Russian president warned that it would be "easy" for Kiev to assemble a dirty bomb, and that Moscow has a rough idea about where it's being created. Ukraine could use a Tochka U or another missile in its inventory to detonate the bomb somewhere and accuse Russia of launching a nuclear strike, Putin said.
Vladimir Putin
Valdai
Valdai Discussion Club

As I simplistically suggest "all should strive for health, peace & fulfilment. Nothing else is needed for a successful life."

¹Elon Musk: "it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence,” Musk wrote. “There is currently great danger that social media will splinter into far-right wing and far left-wing echo chambers that generate more hate and divide our society. He further stated that traditional media "fueled and catered" to polarized extremes, and that such actions took away the opportunity for "dialogue.""

Problems like:
An environmental watchdog group assesses the climate damage implied by the White House’s plan to send billions of cubic meters of fracked gas to Europe annually until 2030.
[consortiumnews.com]

FrayedBear 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has suddenly occurred to me that many of those ridiculing Putin's speech are in fact saying that they have non human power - they can read the Russian President's mind & having read know that he is lying!

You proclaim to be agnostics & atheists who state that the beliefs of xtians are nonsense but they have the right to those beliefs. So why is that when it comes to Putin you try to gaslight me & proclaim that Putin does not have the opinions & thoughts that he shares in his speech?

I can't take what Putin says seriously, as he himself wants to to exactly what he is accusing the West of doing, and is demonstrably attempting to do it as he is claiming it is NATO, not himself, that is guilty of what he claims.

In psychology they have a term for that, "projection".

Now, as I have already read many of the comments below, I won't address the issues Putin brings up, because they are not based in known and established facts, but are mostly mischaracterizations made up out of whole cloth in order to try (and not succeeding) in justifying his invasion and war crimes in Ukraine. You can only reasonably discuss a subject when you have a baseline of agreement on what the facts actually are. Most people on this site would think that your view of the facts is so far removed from reality that it isn't worth the time and effort to try to have a discussion about your propaganda claims with you

You may be able to convince the illiterate and uneducated, but most of the people on this site know how to think for themselves, rather than let others tell them what to think.

Matthew I recall how "Most people on this site would think that your view of the facts is so far removed from reality " was the reaction of most on this site that any suggestion that covid 19 vaccinations didn't prevent infection & that the MRNA element of vaccines could adversely affect or even create other problems. We are now seeing the correctness of having that doubt.

Seriously do you believe that the greatest problems currently facing humanity are not climate change, the poisoning of land sea & air with petro chemicals & its interference in human reproduction & health?

When it says "...succinctly expresses what is thought by many intelligent world citizens..." it's actually referring to people better described as "useful idiots".

Like those saying that there is no climate change, no poisoning of land sea & air with petro chemicals & its interference in human reproduction & health?

How much retainer are you paid to propogate such bullshit?

Are you another denying that there is no climate change, no poisoning of land sea & air with petro chemicals & its interference in human reproduction & health?

@FrayedBear Stop changing the subject. I'm accusing you of being in the pay of Russia. That has nothing to do with climate change and pollution, etc. Stop licking Putin's putrid arse.

@Petter the post is not about licking anyone's anus. The post shares points currently facing humanity. Try not being #stupid and answer them not frothing off about the messenger, me, nor person posing the questions who is a construst of US machinations - just remember that if the USA had not actively worked since 1945 in obtaining the destruction of the USSR there would have been no rise of Putin.

@FrayedBear in a word "bollocks". Putin invaded Ukraine on a trumped up excuse. He has his eye on the forthcoming Russian elections.

@Petter According to Western media propaganda in 2022 Putin won't live til 2024.
Or do you expect the Ukrainian situation to continue to 2024?
Why do you believe Putin would still be in power if the USA had not aggressively worked toward the downfall of the USSR?

More Russian bullshit.

#nworsa.

But for the benefit of others reading this consider the fact that @Alienbeing obviously believes that humanity has no problems requiring resolution. US government is not solving them & when Trump is re-elected global warming will again be denied to be occurring.

He also proves Putin's point that "world domination" by USA & Western countries "denies the sovereignty of nations and peoples, their identity and uniqueness, and has no regard whatsoever for other countries".

As @Puff asks "why is the USA not helping its great European allies by repairing the gas pipeline (that it probably blew up) to help them this winter?"

@FrayedBear Newsflash!!!!! Virtually no one reads our exchanges. No one cares.

@Alienbeing lol. That'll be right. You may like to comment on a post that I've made today in my group "Passions" regarding Senate candidate Sare.

He wanted his military to make it to Kiev, depose the government and install his own. This is not good. You can't approve of this. I mean, I know you have your rationalizations already in place, but I can't agree with them.

Why not provide your solutions to all of the problems requiring solution?

@FrayedBear Which problem?
I've had the same question. Why don't they just ask ME?

@Storm1752 as you so obviously believe there was no reason to send a police force into Ukraine to protect Russian speaking Ukrainians from genocide why not start with that problem. Then you can answer global climate change & the world wide pollution from the effect of petro chemicals. Then there is the birth defects arising from the use of agent orange & depleted uranium shells.

@FrayedBear

WORLD GOVERNMENT--RUN BY A SUPER-COMPUTER named "Jim"

A lot of words to distract from getting his ass handed to him for illegally invading a country.

Do you deny that the problems now facing humanity require working solutions & not USA pouring munitions into a situation they created to worsen one part of the problem?

@FrayedBear I don't see how the problems now facing humanity are mitigated in the least by the actions of Russia or it's terrorist President. I don't agree with the premise that the USA had anything to do with creating the reasons for Russia's illegal actions.

@redbai the Ukrainian problem is a minor part of the problems highlighted by Putin. Why not try making suggestions to solve the problems rather than throwing up US propaganda & denials.

@FrayedBear It's not "the Ukrainian problem", it is the illegal invasion of a nation by another. Your penchant for just brushing it off as if it is irrelevant is at best disingenuous. As for as the rest, I am not looking for the definition of or solutions to world problems by a terrorist like Putin.

@redbai Putin's speech contained little in terms of solutions. He does however correctly prioritise what is currently happening in the world and as America is learning its arrogant belief that everyone agrees with it is delusion.

@FrayedBear Well, that's an interesting opinion. One I feel is ridiculous on it's face but it is an interesting POV.

It takes a very peculiar form of mental defective to praise somebody who organises the rape, torture and murder of innocent people.

It takes a very peculiar form of mental defective to not address the problems faced by humanity & largely caused by USA.

What happened in the Guantanamo Bay gaol? . . . Oh yes rape, torture and probably murder of innocent people. Water boarding is not described as repeated death for no reason.

Now Spayedbear overtly pushes Russian propaganda copyrighted by Sputnik and written by two Russian Putin ass kissers, with total disregard of the truth, Russia's invasion of a sovereign country using bullshit excuses of combating nazism and fascism, and continues to unmask himself as the Russian troll he is, disguising himself as Australian but using the "intelligent westeners" disguised insult to his own country which is 100% supporting the western position, which is actually a worldwide position of all countries but a handful of Putin ass kissers, be it for oil or gas, but asskissers nonetheless, seems to me that Spayedbear considers himself along with the other few Putin ass kissers here like Puff, a real puff piece, as the only intelligent westeners, wink wink, when their actions show they are just accustomed to pucker up and smooch their sovereign leader 20 years in power due to very clean elections and surprising demises of his democratic opponents either poisoned or falling "accidentally" from hospitals. An example of democratic leadership to us dumb Western idiots. What a load of crap are they trying to push??? And why are our moderators letting these trolls continue to operate their dumb misinformation and propaganda? Is Agnostic owned by Russian oligarchs????

These are my sentiments exactly.

@DenoPenno you fail to discuss the import of the suggestions instead preferring to divert attention away from progressive ideas by using puerile personal attack & revelation that you are the cause of the problem.

"Ukrainian crisis," says it all from the start. Not invasion, not war, not even conflict but "crisis". (Btw it is only a "crisis" because Russia is losing. If it had all gone to plan it would be "the Ukrainian victory of democracy" ) A bit like the American "policing action" in Vietnam a nice bit of downplaying and victim blaming. What happened then? Did NATO force Russia to invade or did Ukraine wear provocative clothing that sent out the wrong message?
Anyone might think that the west actually WANTS to waste billions of quids in hardware that just go up in smoke. That Europe WANTS to be freezing their knackers off this winter and pay double for stuff like cooking oil. Imagine the meeting where they plan this. Biden; "What we need to secure the midterms is a huge hike in gas prices and rapid inflation". Yeah and the Devil planted dinosaur bones to fool us.

As @Puff said "So why doesn't the US offer to repair it" - and I replied : because like most of the responses received so far the Americans are proving themselves to be the perpetrators, the aggressors & the ones wishing the demise of possible competitors such as Europe, Russia & China rather than as Putin suggests find workable rectifications to the world's problems. Problems that will likely see the extinction of humanity in the next 100 years or less if nuclear Armageddon is provoked & initiated.

@FrayedBear You can't even rationalize correctly. Give it up, Putin stinks and so do you.

@Alienbeing you fail to discuss the import of the suggestions instead preferring to divert attention away from progressive ideas by using puerile personal attack & revelation that you are the cause of the problem.

@FrayedBear As I have told you NUMEROUS times, your opinion of U.S. policies is simply irrelevant. Since you are not citizen your opinon does not matter. You can't vote to change anything here, and by now even you should be able to see nothing you ever said changed anything.

In addition to the above you have been proven wrong so often, most people here think you are a joke, so yes, I do discount you on virtually everything.

@Alienbeing pathetic alien - if your countries policies affect me & many others in the world we are going to tell you. You can choose to ignore it but you will end up being held accessory to your country's crimes against humanity.

@FrayedBear Oh my.... a critical grammar error by a person to eagerly attacks anyone who makes a typo or grammar error. You must have missed your meds schedule.

In the future when you refer to "your countries policies" as you put it, be aware that since you are using a possessive phrase it should read "country's policies" because the policies are "owed" by the country to which you refer.

Additionally, haven"t you realized that I (as almost everyone else) ignore you copy/paste Russian propaganda?

You must try much harder.

@Alienbeing Sorry but should it be read as "Additionally, have ( n't ) you (not) realized that I (as almost everyone else) ignore you( r ) copy/paste Russian propaganda?
or
"Additionally, have ( n't ) you (not) realized that I (as almost everyone else) ignore you (when you) copy/paste Russian propaganda?
If we are being pernickety?

@273kelvin Perhaps.

@Alienbeing thank you for correction. Sadly it's a frequent mistake of mine but when you notice & comment I'm sure that it cheers you up & makes you feel superior. That thought - of you being cheered up does please me.

@Alienbeing But please explain how your country, the great USA, "owed" the policy when claim that the USA can do whatever it wants without anyone's permission.

So why do you think USA owes others?

Don't tell me you are coming to my way of thinking about US crimes against humanity?

@FrayedBear I don't feel superior or inferior to you. My feeling towards you is very simply, you are a Socialist and therefore you don't have a clue.

@Alienbeing Please do not lump all socialists in with the Russian apologists. Besides, you will find a lot more of them in the MAGA cult.

@273kelvin First. "MAGA. is a small group of malcontents on the Right. Second, by their very nature I seriously doubt ther is even one socialist among those that identify themselves as MAGA

@Alienbeing Talking about Putin fans in MAGA, not socialists. Besides most Americans could not tell a socialist from a cyclist if they ran them over.

@273kelvin How would you know if most Americans could or could not distinguish a Socialist?

@Alienbeing Because you think that Biden, Pelosi and the rest of the corporate democrats are socialists or even more laughably communists.

@273kelvin You have NO idea what I think. I don't think either Biden or Pelosi are Socialists I think they are both lying rats who pander to whoever they think might vote for them.

Bernie and AOC are Socialists. More to the point you have no clue about American politics, why not just disappear? We threw out Brits centuries ago.

@Alienbeing Bernie and AOC are what we and the rest of the world would call democratic socialists (there is a difference). I have never heard them call for widespread nationalisation and workers' control as a real socialist would.
And I ain't going nowhere. Welcome to the world wide web.

@273kelvin We don't care what you or "the rest of the world", according to you, thinks about the definition of Socialism.Living in England you are so exposed to Socialism that you accept FAR more than we do.

You don't live here so I am not surprised what you may have heard.

Thankfully we threw out you Brits long ago. Welcome to today!

@Alienbeing Ah but you have adopted the royal "We" I see. Not like an American to think that they speak for everyone is it?

@273kelvin No "Royal we" at all. I guess those of you that speak British, don't understand American English. CLEARLY when I used "we" I was referring to Americans as a whole, not myself, but including myself.

You can now go back to worrying about British politics, they are an obvious mess.

@Alienbeing Oh, I understood perfectly well. Just another arrogant septic (look it up) assuming that they speak for everyone else.
Btw, the last American idiot that told me I knew nothing about US politics predicted a red wave and that tRumps minions would sweep the board. So join the line.

@273kelvin aliens would not understand the likes of Bessie Braddock or Barbara Castle because they do not learn from past mistakes preferring to rewrite their delusions to their own beliefs. It is so easy to step aside from their assaults, bow & then as they smugly rush past extend a toe to trip them up. Sadly they do not realise the cause of their bloody noses or in many cases admit that they are fatally haemorrhaging. Such is their arrogant ego.

@273kelvin If you understood perfectly well why did you state I used the "Royal we"? OBVIOUSLY you did not understand.

You are nothing other than a self absorbed rather ignorant observer. You think that because you doubted a "red wave" you are some kind of expert? If that alone makes you a seer, I don't need to move over because I said the same thing. ALL the other remarks you have made over time clearly show you don't have much of a clue.

You can now resume your nap.

@FrayedBear Since as a cuntry we have always been basically correct, there is nothing much worth correction.

People still running across our order seeking a better life, while our economy is far from great, it is much better than yours, and almost anyone else's.

Rant on po'boy.

@Alienbeing for once you got it albeit inadvertently correct when you called your domicile "a cintry". Thereafter you devolve into your usual deluded opinion.
Very sad really.

@Alienbeing It must be great to feel so smug except that it is all a little bit la-la land.
"Since as a "cuntry" we have always been basically correct, there is nothing much worth correction" lol

Was Vietnam "correct"? How about Iraq and WOMD? Afghanistan? were they all "correct"?
Was slavery "correct"? Or did you have to fight the bloodiest war in your history to "correct" it?
Is the senate system that gave more power to the slave-owning states "correct"? Is it right that Montana has the same senate votes as California? Is that same system that filled your SCOTUS with god-bothering liars who robbed half your population of their rights to their own body "correct"
Is the electoral college system "correct"? You know the system that has put 2 GOP POTUS in office in the last 20 years despite most people voting Democrat. The same system that put tRump in charge. The same system that did not get rid of tRump on the 2 occasions they had the chance to. (Say what you want about the UK ousting Boris but at least we did it).
A system that puts 90% of its representatives there with corporate money.
A system that has been an abject failure in nearly every other country that has made the mistake of trying to import it.

You think that just because you get migrants, that makes you the best. Breaking news! Every 1st world nation gets migrants. The UK and Australia get migrants and we are islands. Even Israel gets economic migrants from Africa and they have a wall that makes tRumps look like a picket fence! Sure you do get a lot of them but then you do have a long land border and spent a long time fucking up counties south of it by trying to install "correct" governments.
If you want to have a pissing contest here? I suggest you look at the average life expectancy of our respective nations before you start crowing.

@FrayedBear Mmmm, when I point out yur typos you brush it off, but certainly love to point out mine.

As I previously told you, any posts or replies to Socialists such as you or @273 kelvin are merely for enjoyment andneither of you are not important enough to warrant a proof reading. Both of you are nothing but malcontents.

@273kelvin I must correct a misimpression you have. You are so uninformed that there is no point in having a political discussion with you, and I don't intend to do so. You just don't matter. I am more than content with occationally correcting your usually incorrect statements.

Last, you approval of anything we do or do not do is irrelevant. You are not a citizen and as such have no voice in our actions or inactions, i.e. we don't care what you think.

@FrayedBear You unhealthy preoccupation with typos or mispellings (except of course your own) clearly illustrates you have nothing to say.

@Alienbeing "@FrayedBear Mmmm, when I point out yur typos you brush it off, but certainly love to point out mine. As I previously told you, any posts or replies to Socialists such as you or @273 kelvin are merely for enjoyment andneither of you are not important enough to warrant a proof reading. Both of you are nothing but malcontents.
"
And
"@273kelvin I must correct a misimpression you have. You are so uninformed that there is no point in having a political discussion with you, and I don't intend to do so. You just don't matter. I am more than content with occationally correcting your usually incorrect statements. Last, you approval of anything we do or do not do is irrelevant. You are not a citizen and as such have no voice in our actions or inactions, i.e. we don't care what you think."
Almost #nworsa & I remind you that I have thanked you for pointing out some of the typos in my replies.

I do appreciate you pointing out that Kelvin & I must be important enough to respond to even though you choose not to proof read what you write identifies that you have little regard for your own credibility. With hindsight I do find that I respond to you with appropriate epithets that subsequently sadly disappoint me as they simply identify that I've allowed myself to be dragged down to your level of ignorance or argument.

@FrayedBear Proving once again that you have reading comprehension issues I never said or implied that you and @273 kelvin were "important enough to respond to..." In act I specifically pointed out I do reply to some of your posts for the joy of correctog same.

The remainder of your reply is a poor attemt to insult. Once again.... remember I don't care even a little bit what you think, so it is impossible for you to insult me, yur opinion has been prove wrong so many times, you are nothing but a poor joke.

@Alienbeing lol, projecting again & not concentrating. Do try harder alien.

@Alienbeing If you do not think our input is valid or worthy of replies? Okay fuck off then and shut up about it. I know I will be very reluctant to reply to anything of yours in the future, as I personally find you rude, obnoxious and arrogant in the extreme.

@273kelvin If you could read you would have not asked the question. I copyed and pasted my reply to you of 11/11. REREAD the last sentence of the first paragraph. REREAD it until your slow mind understands it's meaning.

"Alienbeing 7 replied Nov 11, 2022 0
@273kelvin I must correct a misimpression you have. You are so uninformed that there is no point in having a political discussion with you, and I don't intend to do so. You just don't matter. I am more than content with occationally correcting your usually incorrect statements.

Last, you approval of anything we do or do not do is irrelevant. You are not a citizen and as such have no voice in our actions or inactions, i.e. we don't care what you think."

Last, I HOPE you find my replies to you very very undesirable because YOU make ignorant and unnecessary statements. If you had a clue about U.S. laws and politics you would be OK. As it is you are merely a poor rebel rouser.

@Alienbeing See the above comment

@273kelvin I did and replied. Having vision problems?

@Alienbeing Okay you have the last word. Say it and then fuck off.

@273kelvin Not a question of the last word, rather an obvious correct reply to your usual bullshit.

Placing the white dove of peace and Putin's name on the same page is an exercise in contrast, a clash of opposing ideas, a cognitive dissonance, a tasteless joke.

As usual you fail to discuss the import of the suggestions instead preferring to to divert attention away from progressive ideas by using puerile personal attack & revelation that you are the cause of the problem.

@FrayedBear Losing your argument again?

@FrayedBear Putin's naked aggression obviates any diplomatic engagement. Ukraine will just have to keep up their splendid defense of their homeland. Slavo Ukraine!

@Flyingsaucesir stick to the thread discussion - you're frothing & displaying your #stupidity.

@FrayedBear
Virtual equivalence:

"It denies the sovereignty of nations and peoples, their identity and uniqueness, and has no regard whatsoever for other countries," said the man who denies the sovereignty of Ukraine.

Putin is an imperialistic, warmongering, asshole. Fuck him!

Why do you fail to discuss the import of the suggestions instead preferring to divert attention away from progressive ideas by using personal attack & revelation that you are the cause of the problem.

@FrayedBear No, actually it is YOU who fails to discuss facts. Russia invaded Ukraine, that is a fact.

@FrayedBear, what is progressive about supporting a warmongering imperialist?

HINT: Nothing.

@mcgeo52 re "what is progressive about supporting a warmongering imperialist?" - So why do you support your Democratic or Republican party led governments that have been fomenting & instigating this war for the last hundred years?

OK some Western reporting on what Putin said. I will offer no opinion and let you compare the two articles on the same story and decide which one employs propaganda more effectively. A little hint: See which one uses emotive language more.
[dailymail.co.uk]

puff Level 8 Oct 28, 2022

1938 all over again.

I totally agree, another great war fighting fascists. You know, that political ideology which employs the following.
[ratical.org]

@puff If you believe Putin's propaganda you are a fool. He doesn't believe what he says. Liars are well aware that they are lying.

@barjoe And if you believe the USA fights for democracy and freedom rather than self interest, what does that make you?

@puff another sadly deluded American.

The swastika is on the wrong flag.

@FrayedBear So sez Vladimir Fuckity-Fuck Putin and stupid motherfuckers who believe him.

@puff I'm not an apologist for American foreign policy, I just don't hate America so much that I'd ally myself with a brutal fascist despot like Vladimir Fuckity-Fuck Putin.

@puff That link you posted describes Vladimir Putin to a tea. Spot on. [ratical.org]

@barjoe So you prefer unbiased reporting 😀

@puff, @barjoe sounds like that 14 characteristics of fascism very aptly is about USA.

@FrayedBear Trump is a fascist, USA voted him out. Bolsonaro thankfully just got defeated in Brazil. Sadly Vladimir Putin has taken that opportunity away from Russian people. But you are so indoctrinated, you won't admit that Putin is a fascist. Will you? Will you?

@barjoe Trump is an oppourtunist who took advantage of a fascist society made possible by the Patriot Act. When he was POTUS the Patriot Act came up for renewal, that Patriot Act which gives the POTUS and Pentagon too much unaccountable power. A great time to get rid of it whilst a fascist psycho was in power illustrating the power it gives and how that power can be misused. But the Democrats voted to keep it, didn't they?
People are not fascist so much as societies are.

@FrayedBear I knew you wouldn't.

@barjoe leased to make you happy Joe.

The best propaganda is when it is tied to truth. Without the support of media, the Murdock's of the world, what the "West" gets away with would not occur. Why Assange is so important.
Once BRICS establishes a world wide currency popular enough the $USD is no longer needed, those countries which have weaponised currency will have to think of something else..........perhaps even diplomacy to promote their foreign policy. Can't wait as that will be the end of their Mafioso ways.

puff Level 8 Oct 28, 2022

BRICS the Axis Powers. Hopefully it's ends the same way that it did in 1945.

Vlad would look good in this suit.

@barjoe How's the women and kids going in Afghanistan? Iraq? San Fransisco?
You're hoping the Yanks nuke them? That's how 1945 ended.
For blowing up Nord Stream, honestly the US of A deserves everything it gets. Don't believe that?
See Norwegian engineers say it can be repaired in months, not corroding due to a lack of oxygen. So why doesn't the US offer to repair it, helping secure another energy source for those good allies the Europeans? That would really sock it to the Ruskies for blowing it up wouldn't it? Be a wonderful oppourtunity, as Blinken says, to help your allies.

@puff "So why doesn't the US offer to repair it" - because like most of the responses received so far the Americans are proving themselves to be the perpetrators, the aggressors & the ones wishing the demise of possible competitors such as Europe, Russia & China rather than as Putin suggests find workable rectifications to the world's problems world's problems. Problems that will likely see the extinction of humanity in the next 100 years or less if nuclear Armageddon is provoked & initiated.

Do you think establishing a unified currency is that easy? Think again, pal. Look at the struggles the Euro had, and it is backed by Germany, France, Italy and Spain, plus it had land borders that connect nearly all the different economies. Added to that they are all western style democracies that have similar political systems. But that did not stop it from nearly crashing in 2008. So China is going to merge its Yuan with Brazil's Real and Russias Ruble? Yeah right.
When you decide to merge a currency; First there has to be some amount of economic equilibrium. Any large disparities will be pounced upon by the market. That means you also have to divest yourself of a large amount of national economic control to some form of a central bank that can dictate to the sovereign nations what their budget should be and enforce penalties if it's not adhered to.
Somehow I don't think Putin and Xi Jinping are in a hurry to relinquish that amount of power.

@273kelvin it isn't about a unified currency. It's about a world united society that opposes the weaponization of currency and colonialism. Vassal states that are purposely suppressed into servitude structures based on profits for the international ruling class. In which these social structures inevitably become more problematic within and for the world society.

If you apply critical thought to the results of every interference western governments conduct on these nations, you find that they each reach exacerbated problematic conditions worse than when they were being suppressed from world participation. Which it ultimately spreads from their homeland to other nations in the form of migration and or further diminishing societies. In regards to migration, the receiving societies then have to pick up the cost of their move and suffer from the opposing political atmosphere created within the new society they attempt to conform in. The US has been a prime example of this since the Reagan era in regards to Latin America, Europe since the perpetual warring began in the Middle East under Bush, currently with Africa now highly targeted again, will become worse. Take heed to Haiti. It's been nothing but a failed state since western governments got their hands on it, plundered, used only to enrich the ruling class in atmospheres of fraud, money laundering, and corporate profits, that even the Red Cross was caught participating in within fraudulent housing commitments. Producing essentially nothing while unable to explain where billions of dollars went to, or why in regards to who it went.

China for an example peacefully puts billions into countries to build better infrastructures and produce labor opportunities for fair trade agreements and participation in conforming a better world society. Without dictating social structure or forcing austerity measures. There's no ruling class world banks, governments, or corporations dictating union laws, rights laws, or suppression of socialized societies. Where no journalist, workers, teachers, or advocates are being attacked and killed who speak out with dissenting voices found in virtually every nation western governments are attempting to overtake. These types of crimes have only been highly committed in Latin America for decades and now Ukraine under agendas of western governments and the puppet governments they install.

I'll argue it's most likely the atmosphere of Iraq today also. There's a reason we don't see much of Iraq today in the news. The only time we hear of Iraq is when the population riots at the government for various reasons which our media uses controlled narratives lacking genuine substance near Bagdad. Do you ever wonder what the other major cities look like today years after being leveled to rubble? What the conditions of these cities are in and what the populations within are dealing with? Are the birth defects from years of poisonous weapons use getting any better yet? Are they able to farm the poisoned lands yet? Are the cancer rates improving yet? Are the unemployment rates improving yet? How many dead have been recovered from under that rubble? What's the progress of these cities and if all the dead have been found? While the sole narrative always remains around Bagdad, the Green Zone. I highly doubt the view is so green.

@puff Anything Blinkin says is probably wrong.

@puff You have zero evidence for anything you just said except for some obvious lies in a link from Russian propaganda websites. You're as bad as Donald Fuckface Trump who calls anything that exposes his lies as fake news.

@273kelvin I was thinking something more like bitcoin (but not bitcoin). Countries would keep their national currencies but when using international transactions, currencies convert to a neutral world currency, like bitcoin, then get withdrawn in whatever currency you wish. ATM SWIFT is king, where all transactions are done via $USD. But the nation who also uses $USD as country currency, the USA, had decided to weaponise their control over it. This is a very recent development. The privilege of controlling the default world currency is being abused, so take that privilege away.
By the same logic UN headquarters should be moved away from the US, New York, because the USA has been playing games issuing visa's for UN representatives. Abusing the honour of hosting the UN so take it away from them.

@barjoe you seem quite happy to throw the "Fake news" accusation around when it does not agree with you. Are you a closet Trump supporter?
😉

@puff No. Trump is a Putin supporter and Putin loves Donald Trump. THAT'S why I hate Putin's guts.

@barjoe Given the choice between Trump and Hillary Clinton, so am I. The two worse candidates in US presidential election history. Two psychopaths.

@puff Figures

@barjoe Prior to the 2016 election Trump was talking about improving relations with Russia whereas HRC wanted a no-fly zone in Syria aka Libya and had a history of antagonising Russia. So I don't understand when given a choice between the two, people seemed surprised Putin would rather Trump.

@puff Fuck Trump! Fuck Russia!

@William_Mary "It isn't about a unified currency. It's about a world-united society that opposes the weaponization of currency and colonialism. Vassal states that are purposely suppressed into servitude structures" Yeah right coz Putin and Xi Jinping are so opposed to "Vassal states that are purposely suppressed into servitude structures". I am sure that if you asked someone in Tibet or Belarus, they would be happy to explain the joys of not living in a vassal state that is purposely suppressed into servitude structures.
Of course, the US has been and continues to be a pseudo-colonial power in developing nations and a ham-fisted one at that. But it would be naive to the highest degree to assume that China isn't getting its pound of flesh in the form of resources from those African nations. The fact that it does so without any regard for the form of governments or human rights abuses those nations practice, is not a plus.

@William_Mary, @puff Wow! The UN moves out of NY and whilst we are at it big corp money is taken out of US elections, Jerusalem becomes a self-contained city-state and we can buy a light bulb that lasts forever!
The fact is that there are plenty of alternative currencies available for transactions but the US dollar is the go-to standard and international contracts are written up using it. This will continue to be the case until such time as America itself becomes unstable. Then watch as the financial shit hits the world's fan and pretty much the whole capitalist system collapses. BRICS is not much more than an idea atm. Which I suspect is more about injecting a little bit of short-term support for the Ruble rather than a long-term structure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:692816
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.