Agnostic.com

8 7

I never realized that telling a man he is "boring" is a personal attack.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yikes! No guy can afford to be boring if he's going to be dating. If he can't whip up some interesting stuff to talk about he should work on it till he's ready.

It is often because, he has already worked too long on what he thinks should interest everyone else.

I have one who writes to me every day to ask me how my day's going. I just have to stop replying. It's just tedious!! Some people truly are just plain BORING!

Sorry, he is boring To You, not intentionally boring you.
Much kinder, and less judgemental, to say you find the subject(s) uninteresting & can we talk about something else?

No sorry, it does not work. He just changes the subject and bores you about that. And often they just see it as a challenge to convert you, since a good bore can never understand how anyone else could not be as obsessed as he is..

@Gwendolyn2018 There is nothing wrong with hating men, sometimes I feel like I do, and I am one.

OK, sometimes I feel like I could hate women too, but I don't think that makes me a hateful person, after all, I never wanted to hate dogs.

I’ve never been told I’m boring because I listen more than talk. I pick up on the other person’s interests and then join the conversation but only if I have something to add.

@Gwendolyn2018 That alone was enough to run for the exit.

@Gwendolyn2018 Right... You must just be a man-hater cause it couldn't possibly be HIM you're responding to.

@Gwendolyn2018 "my bluntness could well offend SOME men"
... yeah, that's me. I have no filters... whatever thought is in my head, it usually comes out my mouth 🙂

@Gwendolyn2018 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@Gwendolyn2018 This is your lucky day 🙂

Living in Hawaii, and not being a surfer myself, I got bored with one prospective suitor who just couldn't stop describing every wave he surfed each day. To me, it was like hearing a description of paint drying. Ho-hummm.... Just not a subject that interested me.

Another prospective suitor broke things off with me, because I didn't talk enough... haha... had never been accused of that before, but truth is, he just didn't give me an opening to contribute to the conversation, and I didn't want to butt in.

We all have our subjects of interest and what is boring to one is likely fascinating to another, so we all have to filter out what is boring and try our best to keep life interesting!

Thin skinned possibly.

Calling someone boring is a mean thing to say.

@Gwendolyn2018

Men who badger women are bullies. This is disrespectful and rude.

@Gwendolyn2018 my ex wife told me the first time I met her she hated men. I should have paid attention.

I suppose that, in some people’s eyes, it all depends on how this information is framed. For example, if you said to someone, “You bore me,” or “I find you to be quite boring,” this would be less about the other party than yourself. However, if you were to say, “You are a bore,” this would convey a judgment about that individual’s qualities and possibly perceived as an insult.

The only person who told me I was boring was my first wife.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:693321
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.