Agnostic.com

24 4

Why is it you seldom hear about women sexually assaulting men?

How prevalent is it?

atheist 8 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As mentioned previously because as far as we can tell it doesn't happen as often and when it does happen the men are often told they are being "babies/pussy/etc" for complaining, they just aren't believed because they wanted it (because all men always want sex), or they are just too embarrassed to tell anyone. In our society men are seen, more often than not, as the ones that hold the power of sex in a relationship so when a man claims that that power was taken away he faces a different set of societal repercussions than women do.

@kreig maby in new zelened

Mostly nailed it, Nic (alliteration urge overpowering.) But I agree with Kreig, too. I wouldn't say that people see men as having the sexual power in relationships - more that they're seen as having more social power in general. So they can leverage that via SH a la Weinstein.

reasons:

1. It does not happen nearly as often.
  2. Some men actually consider it a compliment.
    3.. Other men are too ashamed to admit it.
  1. How do you know?

80 years of living among fellow males.

part of it is probably cause its less likely for a woman to physically overpower a man, the other thing is that even if it does happen the guy doesn't want people to know.

I have never been sexually assaulted by a woman, and it has left me permanently scarred.

A+

It happens, but it's considerably more rare. Few men actually report the assaults. Even fewer male victims report being assaulted than female victims.

There are also female pedophiles, but often their victims are considered lucky. Example: The teacher who molests a 15 year old student and the kid gets a pat on the back from society for banging their teacher. Meanwhile, the teacher gets a two year slap on the wrist. Out in six months for good behavior. And why are all of these female pedos so freaking hott?? You can't tell me they can't get with men their own age!

There are also female johns in the sex trade, but you rarely hear about them either. Male prostitution is big business in the Caribbean and the Philippines. Wealthy European and American women and college age girls travel to destinations like Jamaica and the Dominican Republic for paid sex with local men. These are referred to as Milk Bottle Runs.

I really don't understand or appreciate the comments here that imply or state that men would like being sexually assaulted by a woman. Abuse and assault are awful, period, and it is nothing to joke about. I hate when masculinity is portrayed that way.

Must be that 'locker room' talk mentality we've been hearing about lately,

totally agree here.sexual assault is a crime if violence and subjugation.the motive or deed has little to do with eroticism, rather uses the most intimate personal parts of a person to destroy them

Because there is a stigma that men have to be tough and men who are sexually assaulted by a woman is thought to be weak and people laugh. But its not funny. Sexual assault can happen to anyone and everyone should speak out about it.

Because they don't do it so you don't hear it.

I meant, they don't do it (as much) so you don't hear it (as much).

because it's treated completely different ie men are likely to just enjoy it. men who are highly sexed are heroes and woman are treated as sluts.

Men aren't in the same danger as women. I've had women get very sexually aggressive with me over the years (and I'm talking a couple of decades ago when I still cared about dating), and not one of them had the muscle to do anything to me I didn't want. Never called a cop or ever had to scream.
It's not the same.
Now, sexual harassment, can't say I've ever endured that. But a woman supervisor pressuring a subordinate for a tumble in the file closet, haven't seen it, but who can say that has never happened?

woman are generally vulnerable from birth to death from mostly men as are some boys and men. it is rightly or I think wrongly a mans world and men do tend to be physically stronger. some of the stories I have heard many women tell me what men feel quite happy saying blows me away and makes me ashamed to be a man. what really pisses me off is the people who think I'm a weirdo because I'm covered in tattoos and not conventional yet I have great manners and never step over the mark. I don't drink or smoke or take drugs either which people seem to assume I must do. too much Hollywood being watched I think. there was a case of a female sergeant in the American army being busted for raping a private male soldier as it was proved you can get a hard nob but not want sex.

Just so happens for kicks and giggles I looked this up a few days back truth.is just as many men are raped by women vice versa.

Actually, I've read this, too, in reputable publications. Women are as prone to domestic violence as men.

Women love sex, men need it.
Maybe us men egos get too needy. Then the size of a man gets too much and many of us are pigs.
Then some of us men, get really stupid.

Because it doesn't happen as often.

Actually, sexual assault of men by women happens a lot more often than we are led to believe. Part of the reason it wasn't really widely known is because of the terminology that has been used for sexual assault cases over the years. When the FBI started tracking violent crime statistics in 1930, rape of men was completely excluded. It wasn't until 2012 that the FBI definition of "forcible rape" was actually changed. It had always been "the carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will". So, FBI tracking of sexual assault on males had never existed until 5 years ago. And even now, the definition isn't fully inclusive of men as victims. It still defines rape as vaginal, anal or oral penetration of an individual without their consent. It is not inclusive of instances where a victim is made to penetrate.

This study that was released in 2014 has found that men and women both are pretty equal as victims and perpetrators of sexual assault. Even when this study was released, most of us still didn't get that information because the media only focused on the information about the rape of women.

[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Duke Level 8 Dec 20, 2017

Beyond the fact forced sex doesn't work for men (as far as I know), women generally lack the physical strength to overpower a guy … and if he’s simply incapacitated ..same thing.. I suspect testosterone levels play a major role. There are no doubt a shitload of searchable clinical answers to this one 🙂

Through my formative years, male aggression felt both encouraged and expected. I remember the ‘pep-talks’ and creepy advice from older guys... I can’t imagine women even considering such stuff.. I see an entire culture surrounding women’s attempt to gain attention, but all that stopping far short of anything suggesting or encouraging physical assault..

Varn Level 8 Dec 6, 2017

Men have been socially conditioned to not allow themselves to be victims of sexual assault by a female. Also, because it is much less common than sexual assault perpetrated by a male.

I'm sorry to disrespect someone's opinion, but that is patently untrue. I'm not saying it never happens, but for someone to suggest it happens in equal numbers goes against every credible study, and all the available stats and criminal data. A logical mind would very easily see why male on female assault, which is the term you use, is overwhelmingly more achievable. And lets also talk about hormones...women are not predisposed to be as aggressive as men. And socially, women are not taught to be aggressive as men are...especially by each other. Plus, a man's psyche has historically been programmed to take pride in conquest.
So, we have 3 main influences urging men to be more aggressive than women: cultural, psychological, and physical.

Let's try this little empirical test. I have been sexually assaulted by men, to one degree or another, on seven occasions. This doesn't include catcalls, inappropriate remarks, brief but inappropriate bodily contact, or hostile behavior as a response to rejection....all coming from men.
Now, how often have you sexually assaulted by women? I'm talking about overpowering assault.

@ellerdor I posted a link to the study that was done. I was just stating what the study shows. If you click on the link, you can see the data. You may not want to believe it because society has always seen sexual assault as males being the perpetrators and women being the victims. This study shows that our common conceptions (I include myself in that) are not necessarily true.

@Duke..you did see that inmates were included in the study's stats. Of course that would greatly skew the numbers towards male victims. And the gender ratio, 9 out of 10 inmates are male, creates a disparate comparison. I don't think @atheist intended to include the incarcerated for consideration when asking that question. If he did, I can't see what social relevance the question bears.
Bottom line, I still trust our common conceptions regarding this issue are.

Because the men already gonna rape them anyway...

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Men can't be assaulted by women because men rape every woman they meet?

You know, I havent, but I've seen the seduction of men by boss females on TV. Thats a mess!

In my dreams... 😉

godef Level 7 Dec 6, 2017

Simple mechanics. One person has a sword and the other has a cave. Which sounds more aggressive? Plus, if a guy isn't into it, he won't have a sword, he'll have a wet noodle that no woman could really assault anyway. Sort of. Ugh.

sexual behaviors encompass more acts than a penis in a vagina

Gee I dunno...

I would assume it's easier to find men that like the abuse.... therefore it wouldn't be considered assault lol

If it's consensual, then it's not an assault.

Men like being sexually assaulted?

Have you ever been raped by a big over powering man?

This is about men being sexually assaulted by women.

Again, if it's enjoyable, it's not an assault.

Well, yes this thread is about that.

Who talks about the US men raping men more than they do women. Had a few attempts on me, when I was young. Good thing, I'm a nature born fighter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6937
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.