Agnostic.com

11 13

For anyone considering getting an air fryer, I got one and I love it. It browns my thighs--chicken thighs--that is, and roast little potatoes to perfection. I s'pose it does large potatoes the same, but I got a small one as I live alone.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah. They're good. I had one for years, it finally burned out. I had a convection toaster oven in the basement I didn't open for 10 years. It's not quite as good but I'm using that for now

Hmm... Thanks for the tip. I will watch for sales and get input from my son who used his air fryer a lot. One of my new year's resolutions will be to cook healthier food for myself. This might help me achieve that. 😉

I love mine and I'm often using both it and the oven. It does a great job of pork belly as well. Makes great crackling. 😀

@Gwendolyn2018 Don't eat pork? Are you Muslim? jk

@Gwendolyn2018 I eat anything. Only time I eat fish is either canned tuna, shellfish or sushi.

@Gwendolyn2018 I eat anything. I'm gonna die from something. Starvation won't be it.

Easiest hard "boiled" eggs Ever!
Use Air Fry setting, but temp at 325F, time 12 minutes.
Add as many eggs , right from tthe fridge, as will fit on one level, go!
Use tongs to get them out or just let everything cool down as it will. They peel easier too.
Raw veggies are Superior cooked in the AF, breaded or not.

@Gwendolyn2018 you need to then (after air-frying) chop or slice those radishes & brown like hash browns in a med-hot skillet, preferably with bacon fat, adding diced onions & herbs if you like...brown long & slow, get the best hash browns you will Ever eat, and far less carbs!

@Gwendolyn2018 those of us on Keto use them as potato substitutes because that is pretty much what unseasoned ones are like. I love some of those keto people who whine about missing potatoes, when Nobody eats plain potatoes, they are just a way to get condiments or cheese into your face!

LOVE my air fryer! Did you know that Amazon sells little basket liners, which keep your basket cleaner? YUP. And they don't cost much at all! I love to dip big beautiful mushrooms in egg wash, panko & salt & then cook them at about 375 for as many minutes as it takes to make them crisp. Dip them in homemade pesto and smile!

@Gwendolyn2018 I'm a vegetarian, so, I've found lots of ways to do string beans, mushrooms, cauliflower, etc. You don't HAVE to be ''veg'' to check out veg recipes online. Just sayin'....
Oh...and sweet potato ''fries'' are fantastic, especially with ''hot'' salt!

@Gwendolyn2018 Trust me...the AF makes it easier to eat veg! But even with shrimp basted in a little oil....or homemade pesto....well....

I have one, I rarely use it. It was free, so I don’t mind. I have made chicken thighs in it with success. But most stuff comes out just as good in the toaster ove I think.

I am considering one as I too live alone. I am planning to move if I can find a place closer to Des Moines though. Then I can entertain my friends more!

@Gwendolyn2018 For the most part I will mostlikely continue using the oven if I have a crew over. But if it is just me andmy bestie, or me and his daughter, I could use something like that. Which model did you buy?

Go on, splurge. Treat yourself to a decent size spud 😀

puff Level 8 Dec 10, 2022

We don’t have room for another appliance. I’ve only heard one complaint. All others love their fryers.

@Gwendolyn2018 I’m keeping our microwave and toaster oven. They’re quite useful when the oven is too big.

I got one a few months go, I don't use it much. For what I usually cook the stove top and microwave are more convenient. I won't get rid of it for a while, I will find a niche for it yet. I just got rid of my dehydrator so I have the room to store it.

You're the second person I've heard of this week who has raved about air fryers. I should get one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.