Agnostic.com

4 2

The recent Griner/Bout prisoner swap is perhaps one of the most asinine moves from the Biden Administration to date, and such a move could hold serious consequences for the rest of the civilized world including the USA. Bout is a damn terrorist scuzbag who belonged in prison for the rest of his life, and letting him walk totally free in exchange for a pothead WNBA athlete is far removed from being a fair trade off.

It appears no one else on here wanted to mention that fiasco, and I take it that was too embarrassing for even the most diehard fan of Biden, so guess it's much easier for some to simply pretend as though that prisoner swap never occured. You remember how the rest of the world was laughing at us during the Trump years, well guess what? They're laughing at us yet again even though we have a different President now, and one of our biggest adversaries Russia in particular is really mocking us. I can totally envision a scenario in which the Russian Federation uses Bout and his connections to make life more miserable for the Ukrainians (besides making our lives more miserable and or targeting our citizens for destruction), possibly undoing alot of the assistance we provided to Ukraine. Wouldn't that be a fine one, considering all the funding and equipmemt we provided Ukraine with, and one terrorist comes along and helps to drastically turn the tide of the battle in Russia's favor? I'm sure the Biden Admin would be so proud of something like that...

Also, don't any of you gun control fanatics out there lecture me on any of that "gun violence" crap, knowing how your man Biden released who is considered to be one of the most dangerous men in the world. Peaceful gun owners (like me) who own those dreadful semi-automatic guns are the least of your frickin worries, and considering our current relations with Russia we've got bigger concerns to worry about now. It must be inordinately taxing for anyone to be as stupid as Biden was who claims to be worried about private citizens owning certain types of weapons while thinking there was absolutely nothing wrong with releasing from prison a known dangerous terrorist who was responsible for the deaths of nearly 250,000 people. While ex Marine Paul Whelan may have been guilty of spying as he's being accused of, he should have been included in that swap deal, and if Biden was truly the leader as he likes to think he is he would have continued negotiating rather than be taken advantage of by Putin and his cronies.

Even left-leaning progressive news outlet Politico obviously think the prisoner swap was a poor move on Biden's part, and realize the potential danger that could still come from such a move. To their credit, a number of Dem and Repub politicians had openly criticized the President's decision on the matter.

Pentagon concerned Bout could return to arms trafficking after Griner exchange-
[politico.com]

SpikeTalon 9 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I cannot say it better than this

RT reports on Bout's TV interview now that he's back in Russia. In the report it is stated that "American media outlets reported this week that he supplied up to 200 Soviet T-90 tanks to the Afghan Islamists. This claim apparently originated in an anonymously-sourced report by Germany’s Der Spiegel in 2002."

According to Naomi Klein’s 2007 book “The Shock Doctrine” between 1991 and 1998 “more than 80 percent of Russian farms had gone bankrupt and roughly seventy thousand state factories had closed creating an epidemic of unemployment.” As a result, 74 million Russians were living below the poverty line. Klein goes on to say that “25 percent of Russians – almost 37 million people – lived in poverty described as ‘desperate.’”"During the 1990s, when Yeltsin was dramatically changing the country under the direction of the Clinton administration, the rate of drug addiction in Russia increased by 900 percent. The suicide rate almost doubled. HIV, which had previously only infected no more than fifty thousand Russians, became a nationwide epidemic with millions contracting AIDs."
"An entire population of people who had lived with guaranteed employment, guaranteed healthcare, old age pensions, and a planned economy saw the social safety net swept from underneath them, as widely unpopular policies, backed by Washington, were imposed on the country. US Senator Bill Bradley describes the tone of US diplomats in their interactions with Russia, saying Clinton administration officials spoke of “stuffing shit down Boris throat,” gleefully taking pleasure in ordering him to wreck his country’s economy.
"An entire population of people who had lived with guaranteed employment, guaranteed healthcare, old age pensions, and a planned economy saw the social safety net swept from underneath them, as widely unpopular policies, backed by Washington, were imposed on the country. US Senator Bill Bradley describes the tone of US diplomats in their interactions with Russia, saying Clinton administration officials spoke of “stuffing shit down Boris throat,” gleefully taking pleasure in ordering him to wreck his country’s economy."
[journal-neo.org]

And you have the audacity to bitch on Bout's behaviour?

‘Nazi’-inspired US prison guards, American ‘revolution’ and Ukraine conflict: Highlights from Viktor Bout’s RT interview [rt.com]

To be expected; the US is not ancient Sparta.

Attica!
Attica!

I know next to nothing about either party however your "damn terrorist scuzbag who belonged in prison for the rest of his life" has me rolling on the floor in the aisles when I consider the $ billions of arms sold out of America to kill, maim & subjugate millions of innocent people in all parts of the world.
What descriptor do you use on them?

As for the lesbian drug taker her value to the Russians was obviously equal to that of the return of Bort - bugger all.

The same would apply to them as to Bout. That still doesn't remove the fact that he has/does support terrorists and belongs in prison, and frankly Bout isn't worth the flesh he's printed on. Some years back I worked with a few guys who dealt in black market weapons, and they were involved in that as a side income. Different story where Bout is concerned, which went way beyond him making a few extra bucks on the side. He was known to supply goods to both sides of the fight, which makes him a degenerate scuzbag. That aside, I think everyone from Bout & Putin to the American and European politicians are all crooked.

Personally, I care not about how Russia felt about Griner and her worth to them, no more than I care about the opinions of American politicians.

@SpikeTalon what was the name of the organisation & american that started? in Afghanistan? Blackwater was it?

@FrayedBear Probably.

@SpikeTalon are they not more horrific than Bout?

@FrayedBear I consider them equally horrific.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.