Agnostic.com

4 9

US leaders gather to discuss rights of nonreligious people across the world
'Discrimination against the non-religious is often caused, not by a desire to hurt atheists, but by the desire to help one or more religions,' according to a new report by Humanists International.

[religionnews.com]nonreligious-people-across-the-world/

xenoview 8 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most people have an inkling of the cruelty and damage done by religious people. However, if people grasped more than this inkling... Even though people hear about the many atrocities, mass murders, and genocides, the sheer breadth and scope of evil-doing done in the name of Jesus is mind-boggling and incomprehensible. A million people and counting are dead from Covid because Evangelicals think Trump is the Chosen One. A million people, mostly black and brown are rotting in our prisons because of Christian lies. The whole of Christian evil is white-washed for the sake of getting-along, and preserving Christmas greed. Christianity may be merely one of many poisonous religions, but it's place in Western culture has generated one obscenity after another and threatens the whole species. The stupidity of humanity in giving religious people a pass and failing to confront them will likely be our epitaph.

Well……I’ve been reading and hearing a lot about how sperm counts are down in men over the last 30 or 40 years, and that todays millenials and Gen. Z aren’t reproducing enough children to make up for those dying.

Who can blame them for not? This worlds a shithole that’s no longer fit for raising kids in for one. Not to mention how expensive everything is. And let’s not forget the crippling college bills they’ll be paying off for the next 15 to 25 years or so. So, let’s see the word called ‘Hope’ for what it really is……A synonym for wishful thinking.

@CuddyCruiser Totally with you, man. That is why I refuse to cave into the pressure to be bright-sided and optimistic about the future of America or the world, because the evidence for optimism, just isn't there, and hope really is another name, these days, for wishful or magical thinking..... And I am still disgusted at how Obama, used, and so many rubes bought into, and still do, his phony, manipulative advertising, for "Hope And Change", which I always knew was phony and bullshit, but most people still believe that shit about him and how wonderful things supposedly were during the Obama years and how great he was, etc.. It makes me want to puke when I hear the Dem loyalists spout that shit and treat me as if I am the delusional, crazy one, instead of them...

@TomMcGiverin It’s the same regardless of political stripe. Yes, Obama gave some among us that sense of ‘hope and change’, but most of us know that’s just part of ‘Political discourse’. It’s the same with Faithfools love of Big Chump. He fed them red meat, told them exactly what they wanted to hear. Another similar one……remember who said back in the late 20’s and 30s that all of Germanys problems were caused by ‘Jews, Communists, and Traitors at home’??

In all of these, people were simply told what they wanted to hear, that is basically it. And I’m not comparing Obama to Trump or Hitler either. I’m only saying that in all these cases above, it showcases the gullibility of some.

@CuddyCruiser In all honesty, the last US president I actually liked and respected, was Jimmy Carter, which figures, because he was a one-termer, that most people turned on as soon as the Iran hostage crisis happened, which was never his fault, just bad luck for him, that it happened on his watch, when he was not the one who set up the Shah there as a dictator.

Well, aren’t they special? Sounds like a narcissist trying to gaslight someone into accepting their abuse as necessary to their existence. No, Bob. You don’t get to tell people who don’t believe what you believe that they’ve started a war.

It's the religious who impose and uphold such laws b/c a belief in magic is inevitably a weak position. They feel insecure but, to make that matter worse, have been told that everyone must convert to their idea so that they can practice any version of it they wish. That was fine in the 18th Century but not for the 21st. It is time non-religious (certainly non-dogmatic religious) banded together and collectively sticks a spear in their side.

They would hang non-believers or burn them alive if they were given a chance.
Do not doubt it.

I am so happy that I do not have thoughts of wondering if I am going to hell or pleasing a non-existent invisible being. It is so nice not to be worried about what their god says or thinks.

Amen brother!!🙏🏼😇🙏🏼

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:699758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.