Agnostic.com

11 3

2018; What does the year ahead hold for you?

As 2017 races towards becoming another closed chapter in our lives, we almost inevitably find ourselves looking ahead; particularly those of us not distracted by the rigmarole of Christmas.

So what does 2018 have in store for you?

What are you planning for?

What are you hoping for?

For a brief moment, forget the burden of the atheist, agnostic and freethinker to dwell on the state of the country, the planet, and the human race.

For the briefest of moments, take this time to ponder you and your 2018 journey.

Answer the question - if not here, then for yourself - what next?

I look forward to reading a few shared responses.

I still have a week before I head away, but I'll be gone for 6 weeks.

So I'll take the opportunity now to wish you all a fantasmagorical New Year's, and a completely kick-arse 2018!

We are freethinkers!

Nothing is written. Nothing is predestined. 2018 is a clean ream of paper, ready for you to write your next phenomenal chapter!

Embrace it! Savour it! Live the absolute shit outta it!

Kreig 7 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Going back to Las Vegas but there is a possibility I head to Florida instead. My Mission in Maryland is practically completed. Retired in Every Shape and Form I will continue Gipsy Around. Dance Venues Motivate me. Good Weather Calls Me. I will find me a spot where I can go back to Art, Writing and Music. Peace for Creativity Abundance. 2018. Travel. Find me Next Country to Habitat. Maybe Meeting The One.

a mystery...but probably alot of the same stuff tbh, i need to find new hobbies

I have no idea would it holds for me, I look forward to the new wonders it will bring. I hope that I complete the projects i have planned once the ground throws again like a farm shop, a patio and a honey house.
I am looking forward to the impeachment of Trump and the return to sanity in the nation to the south. I would like to see both individual and government to start to take Global Warming seriously although I doubt that will happen until greed loosens its grip on the world.

To be honest, I don't even want to think about it. 2017 was so brutal to me personally that I'm not even sure I'm going to celebrate the New Year. I'm going to turn on the TV and binge-watch Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

I plan on 2018 to be the year I finally get published...I also will be going on a total detox..I eat good now but I'm going to really implement a 50/50 organic liquid diet and organic fresh foods...
I'm going to start an exercise plan that will be easy to stick with..
I will do more karaoke this year...
I will meditate more...
I will not allow the things I can't control affect me negatively

I am not much of a planner, but...

1. My youngest geaduates frim high school. I face an empty nest as just myself. There are opportunities within that, though I also feel a little nervousness.

2. We will find out what school my youngest will get into, how we will pay for it, and how I will manage a long distance (possibly) move for him.

Zster Level 8 Dec 7, 2017

As an 80 year old man, in the next year i:

1. look forward to my spring garden -- green beans, heirloom tomatoes, yellow squash, red potatoes.

2., Want to plan at least one fishing trip,

1. Want to continue these conversations.

2. Will continue working out with heavy weights until I can't.

3. Will enjoy sharing time with my wife and hope to see my daughters.

4. Hope to see the ouster of Donald Trump and his cabal and the end to corrupt Republican dominance in our politics.
    7, although I do not plan on it, am prepared for the possibility that this could be my last year.

you sound like you are doing great

I have absolutely an open slate. I hope to meet more new people - hope I meet a guy who will love me and accept me for who I am and vica versa. I hope I find a travel partner

2018 will probably continue to bring poverty and working twelve hour days, six days a week so I can continue to watch myself fall farther and farther behind. In other words, it'll be the same as 2017 was.

That's tough. Hang in there. man! Wish you a stroke of good luck!

Sure could use that stroke of luck. Thanks, guys. Much as I enjoy spending my down time and days off keyboard chatting with all you folks, it would be nice to be able to get out of the house more often to interact with the rest of the human race.

I intend to continue my journey to various parts of the world for untold or unknown amounts of time, and continue to live day by day.

SamL Level 7 Dec 7, 2017

Just having fun and exploring places we can take our dogs. We're getting simple and that's cool for 2 retired persons.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7006
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.