Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Whoopi Goldberg Reiterates False Claim That Holocaust Wasn't Racist

Six months ago she pretended to apologize. "Whoopi Goldberg" now doubles down on that the Holocaust was not about race, and instead was nothing more than "white on white" violence. Isn't it time this nasty woman who's real name is Caryn Elaine Johnson, be fired.

barjoe 9 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The two are not logically different, "white on white" can still be racist, since race is a matter of belief, and the Nazis themselves believed that they were being racist.

Since as race is a belief system and not a matter of fact, anyone, including the Nazis, (or W. G. ) are free to put racial divides where they like. Including also, most biologists, who say that their scientific evidence supports the idea that there are no races, though they are to some degree guilty of trying to apply objective evidence to a subjective superstitious belief, which is not strictly valid, even if plainly true. It does not matter if someone like W. G. thinks that they were technically wrong, about their definition of race, since there are no technically valid definitions, and the big mistake is to think there are.

Goldberg is wrong on this. I read it this morning. Think for a minute about "white on white violence." Since you could not look at someone Jewish and know their race, it follows logically that they are also white. This means Whoopi missed the point. Hitler and his goons marked shops, homes, and business to make these people stand out and be maligned in what finally led to the Holocaust.

I'm old, I remember when you could say things like "The world is round" or "Nazis are bad" and no one would disagree.

I don't think she should be fired but I expect she will be. She's right that Judaism isn't a race, but Hitler made it one for the purposes of the Holocaust. Whoopi's comments are just interpretive and don't change history, but Jewish people have told her that they are harmed by her comments and that ought to be enough for her to cease and desist. If her comments are being made as part of the show, she should be directed to stop. If her comments are not part of the show, she is free to comment as she pleases although there may well be other repercussions.

@LovinLarge She said it was white on white violence. That is unacceptable. I disagree. She should be fired.

@barjoe Yes, you said you thought she should be fired in your post. Repeating yourself doesn't make your opinion any more powerful. It is only your opinion, although shared by some, I'm sure.

But you've failed to develop your argument. You've proclaimed that it is unacceptable that she called the Holocaust white on white violence, but you haven't explained what you think is unacceptable about it. Your argument would probably be more powerful if you did so, I for one am not sure I follow.

And finally, this time her comments were not made on The View but in a foreign media interview unrelated to The View. In saying she should be fired, are you actually saying that she shouldn't be able to hold a job because of these comments?

@LovinLarge I don't need to argue, but I am allowed to repeat myself, whether you think my opinion is powerful or not. I don't care. She's on an ABC opinion show, she's has influence. She's damn close to being a holocaust denier, it at least trivializes it. She also proves blacks can be vicious racists too. If it's not against blacks it's not an atrocity? It was only "white on white", it wasn't racism. You think she should remain on the air? After a false apology earlier in the year, she says the exact same thing again. She needs to get her ass shit canned.

@barjoe I would have liked to have had a civil discussion with you about this to better understand your position, but your defensiveness makes that impossible. This is the second time recently that you've overstated your case to stress your point. She did not say the Holocaust was "nothing more than" white on white violence and she did not say it was "only" white on white violence. She said the Holocaust "wasn't originally" about race, which by definition acknowledges that it became about race. I think your choice to make a big stink about this rather than look for ways for everyone to gain a better understanding of the facts and their implications is unhelpful.

Your suggestion that she be blackballed from the workplace smacks of McCarthyism.

@LovinLarge I'm not saying she should be black listed. I'm just saying, that ABC should fire her, they probably won't. If another person on the view made a racist comment, Whoopi would demand that they be fired. She was suspended for this once before, and she apologized, went groveling on Colbert. She was back on the air in a couple days. Less than a year later she repeats the same thing in an interview with The Times. Okay. I'll take your word for it. That's not "doubling down". Cancelling bigotry. The New McCarthyism.

@LovinLarge it’s kind of like saying the Spanish Inquisition or Russian Pogromes were racially motivated. They were religiously motivated, culturally motivated and politically motivated. They were not targeting at Muslims, who racially are pretty much the same as Jews. Just my opinion.

@Barnie2years I think we're getting into some very dangerous territory if we're going down the path that says that everyone has to interpret historical events identically. It's unrealistic and fraught with land mines. Her comments concern me, but clamping down on her freedom to express an opinion concerns me more.

She's really something else. She'd come out and play slot machines, after her show, and never tipped a soul but was real needy.

I was a bartender for 40 years. I'm sure I wouldn't want to wait on her. Her name is Caryn but she's a Karen.

Does it really matter what an aging actress thinks?
Right or wrong it is her opinion and she has a right to express it. We (the rest of humanity ) also have the right to reject her opinion.
As she is not in a position to exert any power over events, does it really matter what she thinks?
Another alternate opinion is that , being an aging actress, jobs are getting scarcer, so she is keeping her brand alive in the public conscious therefore creating a demand for her services

@Kurtn Yes it matters. She's killing her brand. She's gonna be fired.

@barjoe Elon Musk is doing the same, you going to loose any sleep over either of them?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:702314
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.