Agnostic.com

4 15

LINK Bills Announce Damar Hamlin Showing "Remarkable Improvement" Appears To Be "Neurologically Intact" | yahoo!

Wonderful News! The immediate CPR that was given him not only saved his life but saved his brain function. Prayers had zero to do with it. To all the believers who want to thank "God"? Your god didn't save him, people did. The invisible man gets credit for his recovery but you didn't blame Jeebus for this happening to him in the first place. Thanks go out to the Cincinnati first responders.

barjoe 9 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now let's see if the NFL makes any meaningful changes to protect players from this inherently violent sport.

If the past is any guide I doubt it.

Not sure the inherent violence of the sport had anything to do with this. That being said, yes, idolizing a violent sport that does terrible physical and brain harm to most of its practitioners is definitely suspect.

@Druvius The collision, or tackle, caused an interruption in the flow of electricity in his heart, so it had everything to do with the violence of the game.

@MyTVC15 Exactly.

@MyTVC15 I stand corrected. 🙂

He rises like Lazarus! How thrilled the football world will be, and relieved to not be party in a death match, and what lavish praise they will bestow upon their heeee-ro. Another heee-ro to feed their eeee-go. Anything other than just stopping this stupid shit.

@rainmanjr How thrilled we all should be that this kids isn't brain dead? Should we have wanted otherwise just to make NFL a "party in a death match"? The trainers and EMTs who resuscitated Damar Hamlin are absolutely "heee-ros".

@barjoe I don't watch it because I don't approve of the NFL (or it's product).

@rainmanjr Who cares what you approve of? You shouldn't begrudge this kid making a recovery. This post is not about NFL as a product. It's about a 24 year old human being who now may have a chance at a normal life.

@barjoe My comment was not about the kid. It's about the audience. I don't begrudge anyone recovering health but I also do not grieve the loss of it. Zen does what it does and we will all die so that's not a big deal (to me).

@rainmanjr You're just too cool for school.

Jeebus zero on this one. Jeebus is invisible because he is dead.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:703660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.