Agnostic.com

8 11

LINK 14-Year-Old Wants To Go Swimming During Her Period, So Her Sister Teaches Her How Tampons Work, Christian Mother Goes Ballistic | Bored Panda

If the headline made you cringe, shudder, or laugh at the absurdity of it all, then you’re in the right place. You come across some of these stories that make you feel as though you’re part of the middle ages, with epic sword fighting, ale-drinking, plague-fearing, and Christian praying going rampant throughout Europe.

The notion of ‘innocence’ and ‘virginity’ as such are as useful as a burning house in the modern era, however, the values that generations have put on these terms have somehow survived, continuing their tormentous streak of incomprehensible existence, in turn affecting young women worldwide.

One woman decided to share her story and ask for some advice on the r/AmIthe[Jerk] subreddit, after her mom had gone ballistic over her showing her 14-year-old sister how to use a tampon, believing that it would compromise her ‘innocence.’ The internet was quick to respond with their own opinions on the matter.

snytiger6 9 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Restoring the hymen is surgically possible.[video.search.yahoo.com]

That mom needs a lobotomy.

That implies she has a brain, something I find dubious.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Betty Level 8 Jan 15, 2023

The mother's hangups about sex, bodily functions, morality and normal decent behaviour are truly astonishing. She is in urgent need of an attitude re-alignment.

Link came up fine. I am horrified to hear this stupidity still happening as it happened to me almost 50 years ago. Only it was my mom giving me tampons so I could go swimming and my grandma saying it was taking away my innocence. Both of these women were nurses too. It’s sad in Information Age this silliness still happens!

It’s really about how religion teaches women and girls that their bodies are prone to evil and a commodity for men.

My take on this is that the sister's innocence was that useless item called a hymen. Mom seems to believe that sticking a tampon in there will break it and the poor girl is no longer a virgin. Surprise! Sometimes a penis don't break it either.

No link comes up. Says too many redirects or some bullshit….🤷🏻♂️

Why do Christians insist on teaching people to hate their bodies?

Because Christians are fucked in the head.

@anglophone Or...because they are miserable so they inflict their misery on others.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:705008
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.