Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK India-The-Modi-Question-2-of-2 : BBC : Internet Archive

Indian Government is moving swiftly to ban and censor this BBC documentary series worldwide. That's why I'm posting it. This will probably get deleted from Internet Archives very soon. Watch it while you can. What was the world's largest democracy is now a tyrannical totalitarian state of 1.4 billion people.

barjoe 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Too long to watch. Problem is h=this is what will invariably happen when populations get too large to handle. Democracy cannot deal with all the 'diversity' and needs of a growing population. This has been studied and re-studied for decades and the outcome is always the same. Add a country like ours with a very high activity rate and the problem get mush worse. When resources start to diminish we get inflation and shortages. Competition insues and then crime goes up. Sound familiar. China's population is actually shrinking (a previous post I made) but India continues to rise and may have the highest population in the world. it's much smaller than China and things will get messy. Unfortunately, things can only be regulated with a dictator and it isn't pretty. If one wants something to blame, blame the economic system which is based on constant growth.

Too long for you to watch? I watched this, it kept my attention. India has been a thriving democracy for 75 years. To say that they are destined to be under a totalitarian regime because of the population? Doesn't have to be. It's just that once despots get into power through the democratic system, they attempt to impose a dictatorship. It succeeded in Russia and it may succeed in India. USA temporarily beat Trump back and Brazil may have saved their democracy from Bolsonaro.

@barjoe Russia is a whole different issue. It is the largest country on Earth with less than half the population of the U.S. The revolution started because of the excess of the Czar. Communism was unsustainable as a government and dissolved, as we all know. Unfortunately the system allowed for a dictator to take over and the rest is history. Population demographics clearly demonstrates what happens when people start doing without. It has happened over and over during history. Unfortunately, technology is able to squeeze more resources out of what is available (like Fracking) but the downside is more people are able to use more resources. I, or rather my ghost, submitted several times a TED talk on the use of technology. Here it is again go to 14 minutes. Mostly wars break out over resources. Dictators are created mostly through wars and fighting over resources. [ted.com]

@jackjr I know Russia is different but in many ways, it's the same. Modi, Hitler, Putin, Erdogan, Trump and Bolsonaro are the same guy. And they came into power not through lack of resources and war, but through the democratic process that they want to destroy. Your Ted talk is hard to watch, I'm sorry to say. The BBC India Documentary is easy to watch.

@barjoeI know, I heard the comment at 14 minutes on NPR. It took me years to find the talk as it was about city planning. It was just that one, short bit about technology change that caught my attention. Technology takes big leaps during times of crises (war) and the comment that as our numbers grow technology will have to come faster and faster.
Unfortunately, democracy allows this to happen. Otherwise it couldn't be a true democracy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:706647
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.