Agnostic.com

2 8

The explanation for today's Republican party lies in Bonhoffer's theory of stupidity....

Lizard_of_Ahaz 9 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would consider the ultimate threat to be people who are both stupid AND evil. Unfortunately we have a lot of them in our government, starting with the MAGA king.

Nice. I think the problem with stupidity is that it feels equally true for everyone in both Parties. Dems are stupid to Cons and Cons are stupid to Dems. Both sides say they are not perfect and have room to work in but that's lip service. It is not true. So far as I can see, the only resolution to the problem of which side is actually the stupid one is that both are equally, and blindly, stupid. It is a human fault who's due date seems to be near.

The real problem right now is that both parties are dominated by people who are evil to varying degrees. These ones care for nothing and serve only themselves and the truly evil ones who finance them. They manage to lead the stupid who believe the lies told them and think they are "saving the world" when the reality is the policies they are voting for are destroying lives, the country and the world as a whole.

@Lizard_of_Ahaz I think the world (so far as inhabited by humans) has been read the last rights. Queen had it right, "Nothing really matters."

@rainmanjr Royalty by its very nature is stupid...

[oll.libertyfund.org]

[slate.com]

I won't bother correcting you. I only get militant around election time. Enough for now you are DEAD WRONG; the parties are polar opposites of each other. Sure there are superficial similarities, but the country and world would a vastly different, that is, better, place without the Republican Party.

@Storm1752 I vote Democrat but both lead to government control of the population. Just a variation of hardship.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:708045
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.