Agnostic.com

19 6

It is estimated that 4 percent of the population are sociopaths,and this personality disorder enables individuals to become very successful due to their ruthlessness and lack of guilt or empathy for others .Have any of you ever suspected any one you have associated with ,social ,business ,job etc of being a sociopath .I definitely have.Also Some sociopaths aren’t even aware of their condition.Read the (sociopath next door )an interesting book

richiegtt 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm... no... I wouldn't know one if i saw them. I've seen really evil persons. It was way over my head. They were not in my life. I just saw the way they acted. Terrible!

My brother is a sociopath, narcissist, pathological liar, thief, and has said he's full of rage and has nothing to lose. He's also got a conceal and carry permit, several guns, and is an alcoholic. I've tried to talk to our parents about it to no avail, so quietly talked to the chief of police about my concerns. I've been told there's nothing that can be done until he actually hurts someone. I've always wondered why you never see anyone on Dateline saying, "Oh yeah we saw this coming, knew he was going to shoot up the town one day."

Can you move away from him?

I think this definition describes tRUMP to a tee. Bosses or coworkers who will stab a cohort in the back could be examples of a sociopath. I frequently experienced this in the competitive world of sales and marketing personally.

Our government and many large corporations are run by sociopaths. Why do we keep elevating the sick minded?

Narsasist are the same way.

I think our president is a sociopath. You? And I would say most sociopaths are not aware of their condition.

I had a boss who fits the description.

they wouldnt be aware of having a problem as they usually think so much of themselves

I know a couple of guys that would qualify. As to their awareness of the condition, I never asked.

gearl Level 8 Dec 8, 2017

No joking, most corporate leaders are sociopaths. I can't cite the studies, but I've read it in enough places to believe it... My own experience in the corporate world supports this. One director in particular thoroughly enjoyed getting under my skin and manipulating me. Scary shit; took me a while to process it after squirming my way out of the situation.

I have experienced the same situation working under some of these sick bastards ,and this was in a civil service position

Any one of us is capable of virtually ANYTHING given the right circumstances. For example, if I had the opportunity, I would jamb my thumbs into Donald Drumpf's eye sockets and apply pressure until each globe burst and squirted a mix of blood and vitreous humor into my hands. I would then take the sticky mixture and use it to style Drumpf's famous hair into a big Mohawk. I would then laugh and say "no more titties for you to see little man."

You're scary

Every boss I've ever had.

skado Level 9 Dec 7, 2017

yes for sure and psychopaths

Yes, our president and every CEO out there.

When I was in the army I had a sadistic Drill Sergeant.This SOB was like a predator who went out of his way to harass the weaker guys even when they tried their hardest .He knew the type he could dominate and terrorized them to no end. It was known around the base that he got a kick out of relaying his antics to other Drill Sergeants .Also this low life would go out in the fields behind the base and shoot woodchucks for fun.

I've met more than my fair share , thank you !!!

I have been working in the programming area for 18 years and a very big percentage of the VP's to C*O's of the companies I have worked for or that the company I was working at was doing work for them was filled with them.

Pretty sure I was married to one.

My first wife was a "borderline personality" -- very close to being a sociopath. The only thing that mattered was what she wanted when she wanted it. She had to be in control at all times, was constantly playing "mind fuck" games to maintain control. She could never admit that she was wrong about anything or that she had ever made a mistake. She was incapable of really caring for anyone but herself and her blood relatives.

BPD is a really tough one! My mother-in-law showed lots of traits though I don't know if it was ever diagnosed.

With my experiences, I really have empathy for you. I spend 30 years trying to make the marriage work, and it just got worse each year. I just finally gave up and left for my own sanity.

@wordywalt, sounds a lot like my ex-wife.

I have to deal with a few narsasists at work.tbey are toddlers in adult clothing..

In the latter years of my career, I had a business designing and building custom wooden yachts. I'd estimate that a little over a third of my clients were ranging between borderline to extreme sociopath. A couple of them were actually a bit frightening and I always felt happy when they would leave. The other side of that coin were the dreamers who came in, innocent as the proverbial lamb. They were a lot of fun to have around.

Sorry, Nerdy, but they's all gone.

I've been retired from the biz since 1995, man.

Our current socio-in-chief perhaps

lol

Exactly!

you mean the presidrnt of the electoral college?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.