Agnostic.com

9 2

Costa Rica

Does anyone here live in Costa Rica besides me?

arregnier 2 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Curious!!

I live in Panama nine years until 2015!

I met a few expats and others who left Costa Rica because of the Break ins and petty crime!

One individual I met had lived in Costa Rica for over twenty years!

In 2012 to 2014 he was broken into five times!

Yes, he lived out in the country side of San Jose.

He moved to Panama.

I left Panama because of high cost of Medical insurance there!

Has the Tico's crime rate gone up or down in the last few years?

It is a paradise until you actually live there!

Short term anywhere can be blissful!

Remember you can not eat the view!

A visitor a few times... Back in 81 for the Int'l HHH; diving both costs... A mighty fine place (cept for pats of the capital). Like their adopted philosophy of not having a military... better to spend funds on quality of life, the environment. Besides, the USA supporting dictators and terrorism up N and S (Nicaragua and Panama); no sense wasting resources.

Is on my bucket list, my friends just came back from there they were there for the last 6 months loved it

Rosh Level 7 May 2, 2018

I've only visited Costa Rica but I did live in Nica for a while and still follow events their because of friends I made there. Lots of turmoil lately around Ortega making a grab at Social Security in order to prop up the Sandanista government. Since the Nica Act went through and the IMF tightened the purse strings it has been getting harder for the people of Nicaragua and I think Costa Rica may be feeling some of that pressure along the Guanacaste border from what my friends in Granada and San Juan del Sur have told me.

No but heard its a great place to go.

Whats it like there? Here in Northern Ireland it is supposed to be late spring but its bucketing down and very gloomy.

I wish.

I'm currently living in Thailand, but Costa Rica was on my bucket list.

Only in my dreams. ?

skado Level 9 May 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.