Agnostic.com

9 11

LINK Canada Muslim told not to pray at Canadian train station

Good for that Canadian guard. Let him pray at home. These religious motherfuckers think it's their world.

barjoe 9 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So what would the guard have done if a couple Christians were reciting the Lord’s prayer? If the guy is off to the side doing his thing as compelled to do at certain times a day that’s no problem for me. I would prefer he do it in an overt manner that pisses off as many Christians as possible. I’d high five him at this point.

I mean another take is that if you allow a Muslim to do a little Islam it’s a slippery slope toward Canada adopting sharia. The guard was protecting Canada from that inevitable result.

It's a train station not a church or a mosque.

Imagine if that happened here. It could because people here think religion is only about Christianity.

There are so many invocations at public meetings in the US. Ideally they rotate and let nonbelievers say some uplifting secular stuff on occasion. Failing that I say release the Kraken…full on Muslim call to prayer with muezzin and the whole works. Freak those residents who only came to ask for a variance on their property or argue against a road repaving the fuck out their minds so they need therapy. Hell yeah. Beats saying hi to Jesus IMO.

Or get rid of invocations at public meetings. Yet seeing Muslims inadvertently scare the shit out of pious Christians at a city council meeting would bring joy to my heart.

@Scott321 Canada is a British Commonwealth, they have a Governor General who represent Church of England. I don't know if they have a free expression law, which the US enforces, I don't know if by Canadian law that guard is within his rights. He could claim the guy was loitering.They don't have establishment clause, which the US ignores by having Christian federal holidays. Most Americans don't think the free expression clause includes Atheism, Satanism, Wiccan etc.

I equate people practicing their religion about the same as them defecating. I don't want to see it. That's why we have toilets.

As long as they are not blocking a thoroughfare, I say leave them alone. Strong-arm tactics are not the way to counter superstitions.

Let them go to a toilet stall to do their business. Pretty much the same thing anyway.

They ignore the prayer rules. Jesus said to pray in your closet. Muslims make a big deal all out in to open about it but I bet Mo never told them to do it this way.

Mo? The pedophile child molester?

@barjoe Yes, and he flew to heaven on a winged horse. 🙂

Exercise whatever delusions you please. Just don't infringe, in any way, on anyone else.

*General "you", not you-you.

The "general" me doesn't want to look at the back of some guy's ass, while he faces due East on a glorified doormat, mumbling gibberish.

@barjoe Then don't look. Easy-peasy.

Nope.

The guard was wrong.

He obviously went to an out of the way place.

Good for that guard. Somebody's gotta stand up for secularism.

@barjoe I think he was standing up for xenophobia.
Doubt he would have forcefully stopped a family saying a blessing over a meal.

Actually I don't care who prays to what or where as long as they don't block my way

You don't care, but some people do.

It looked as if he went to a place deliberately out of the way.

That prayer was no more obtrusive than a family saying a blessing before a meal at Denny's.

@barjoe again, no sweat off my arse what people do as long as it doesn't interfere with me. Cant see where anything he did would be more than just a minor nuisance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715638
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.