Agnostic.com

61 13

How long is too long to wait to have sex

Is there a number that you stick to or do you just float and see what happens?

ashortbeauty 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments (51 - 61)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It really depends on an individuals background. I venture to say that the vast majority of men seek the company of a woman for her sexual potential. so it should really be a matter of just a couple of meetings to procede and evaluate the degree of sexual compatible.

It really depends on an individuals background. I venture to say that the vast majority of men seek the company of a woman for her sexual potential. so it should really be a matter of just a couple of meetings to procede and evaluate the degree of sexual compatible.

I'd say as late as 1:30 AM, unless I don't have to work the next day; then there is no limit.

It depends on the mood and the situation - sometimes up to half an hour is acceptable.

I've found that this can be greatly influenced by culture.

Here in the US, we are still pretty heavily influenced by the puritanical beliefs of many of our founding fathers, so we have a lot of hang ups when it comes to sex.

Latin America, on the other hand, has seemed to do a much better job of shedding the oppression forced upon them by the Spaniards. It seems as though these folks only like to do two things in their free time; dance and have sex. Especially during Carnival.

SE Asia is also a culture which has never seemed to have many hang ups when it comes to sex. There is a tribe in Cambodia called the Kreung where at the age of 13, fathers will build their daughters a hut separate from the family home where they can take boys they fancy to experiment with their budding sexuality in privacy.

It seems as though the only countries which have any major hang ups about human sexuality and waiting for a specific time to start having sex are countrues where christianity or islam permeate every aspect of the culture.

One, kinda racist comment about South Americans. Maybe expand your knowledge base.
Two, false on Islam and Christianity. Read either Holy book and you'll find not only young virgins having their bodies abused but also incestuous acts

@ashortbeauty

I've been to South America. Those folks work hard, but when the times comes to punch out for the day they play even harder. I don't think my assessment is off.... or anywhere even close to racist for that matter. I happen to think that work hard and play harder is how everybody should live their lives, and those folks have it down to a science.

As for followers of christianity and islam, there is a big difference between what comes out of their followers mouths and their actions. Perhaps they could take some lessons from our friends in places like Columbia, Brazil and Costa Rica and learn to drop some of the self flagellation and guilt. Maybe then we wouldn't see so many of them getting caught up in compromising positions.

Why wait?

What on earth has this got to do with an agnostic site?

Nothing, but that's unquestionably why this site is so incredible, We talk about everything and anything. We don't always agree, and that makes it more interesting. If we only talked about religion, I would have left months ago.

When ever you feel comfortable...

I mean, it takes me about 15 minutes between sessions, so... No, just kidding.

More seriously, the question I would have for you is: what are you waiting for, exactly? Are you waiting for yourself to be ready? Are you waiting them to be ready? Are you waiting for some community standard to be fulfilled so that you are not perceived as a slut? Are you waiting to make sure you don't send the signal that you are too easy? Are you trying to send the signal that this is serious and not just a physical thing? Are you waiting to see if they like you enough to wait?

If it is anything but the first one, waiting for yourself to be ready, then I say that you are just playing games and I would recommend to avoid that. If there are messages you want to send, we have a mechanism for that. They are called words. Just tell the person what you want and what you intend.

Its not about how long (as I see it).... If you have opportunities within reach then you're not as interested and time does not feel as long. Once the magic is gone and there's nowhere to go or where to look and you know that you have no options then any period of time may feel like forever

I didn't understand the question I guess..... Not the first time, won't be the last one either....my brain works in mysterious ways ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71870
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.