Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK Neil deGrasse Tyson on God - YouTube

This is perfect polite agnosticism. I would've just told her, 'it's all bullshit, STFU about this god crap.' Martha Teichner, the interviewer looks appalled. Boo hoo.

barjoe 9 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What real world is it where parents terrorize their children with horrific lies, traumatizing them into sexually repressed insecure emotional fragility? What sort of world turns broad swaths of otherwise rational people into rabid raving lunatics intent on imposing their madness on everyone else?

He puts it all very nicely. There are no gods in the real world.

Dawkins is equally polite when dealing with religious nutters. Christopher Hitchens was much more combative but he is no longer with us and sadly missed.

Hitch was hatred and is still posthumously for that reason. He was a dick, but he was right.

@barjoe If he was right and said what was right why was he a dick ?

@Moravian He was a dick about it. I often am myself.

@barjoe He was certainly more confrontaional but in any recorded debate I have seen he was always polite to his protagonists. Shouldn't religion be confronted for the damage it has done and is still doing.?
A few examples are the influence by the Christian right on politics in the USA. Sharia law in Iran and Saudi Arabia and the treatment of Palestinians by the Zionist govt in Israel.

@barjoe

This is Dawkins at his most combative on TED. Telling us to be militant atheists. A side of him I haven't seen before. Great stuff

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.