Agnostic.com

10 17

LINK Henry Kissinger at 100: Still a War Criminal – Mother Jones

Some evil people win the longevity lottery. Other good people leave us much too soon. One who we lost was Anthony Bourdain. After he visited Cambodia to learn about their cuisine he wrote the following:

Once you've been to Cambodia, you'll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking. Witness what Henry did in Cambodia - the fruits of his genius for statesman- ship- and you will never understand why he's not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević. While Henry continues to nibble nori rolls and remaki at A-list parties, Cambodia, the neutral nation he secretly and illegally bombed, invaded, under- mined, and then threw to the dogs, is still trying to raise itself up on its one remaining leg.

barjoe 9 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I had the intellectual wherewithal of a lonely old man whose main claim to fame is that he is a childless, divorced ex-bartender living in a shithole part of Philly then I'd lash out too.

Ban political donations/personal funding and replace it with prescribed public service announcements, debates and compulsory voting.

Says the guy from Timbuktu telling Americans we need compulsory voting, even though it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. That's what I like about this site, I can tell @Polemicist "Go Fuck Yourself" and not get in trouble. If I said that on Facebook I'd get restricted which I in fact already am.

@barjoe We already have enough clueless idiots voting so imagine if voting was compulsory! I feel this is absolutely wrong and we should limit voting to those being able to pass a simple literacy test.

@jackjr I wish there was more voter participation but it should remain voluntary in spite of what some random foreigner thinks.

I will never cease to be amazed at how deaf, blind, and dumb I was growing up around the corruption in our government....and wondering how much is now just right out in your face, not even careing if its known.......and all, I think, because the politicans are bought and sold on the open market....no need for "statesmen" to even apply for service. Just hang the shingle out and put a price tag on.

Ban political donations/personal funding and replace it with prescribed public service announcements, debates and compulsory voting.

Just a thought.

@Polemicist ....if only there were statesmen, in place of the bought politicans in office. Legislation calling for those things would never see the light of day with current congress.q

America, doin' what comes natcherly.

He's probably one of those having his blood replaced every year with that of stolen children in Brazil.

If Kissinger is now 100 does he even remember any of these things. Maybe not.

No. He's not senile. Just old.

Truly a horrible person.

Kissinger also had a bloody hand in the ugly war in East Timor... something most Americans are blissfully unaware of.

[etan.org]

Thank you for this informative report. I hadnt linked him to Timor Leste & W.Papua.

Just this minute sharing it with someone so came looking for the link - your 👍 has just saved me loads of time thanks.

My contact sent me this back in return. I havent watched it yet.

Only the good die young....ehh?

I wonder if Nixon ever said "Get down on your knees for me, Henry, and Kiss this?" If not he missed a great opportunity.

Hank has had an undying affection for tyrants.

Kissinger wanted Nixon to stay in office and fight. He devised the Trumpian model which is the brazen version of Nixonian model.

@barjoe He also controlled a lot of what Nixon did. He and the Chief of Naval operations quite literally lied to Nixon when Nixon wanted to bomb Libya over a high jacked plane (which was successfully negotiated out). They told Nixon the weather was too poor for an air strike.

@barjoe Roger Stone has a tattoo of Nixon on his back. I mean what in the actual fuck?

@BufftonBeotch She is telling the real truth here.

@Beowulfsfriend My entire sense of political being came into itself on Oct 20, 1973.
He can't do that, Dad? Can he? Can he?

Write Comment More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:725625
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.