Agnostic.com

6 11

Christian theologians insist the bible is correct and that life ONLY exists upon the earth.
Bear in mind that they once insisted that the universe revolved around the earth and that a rainbow was a sign of god's promise there would never again be a great flood - and had to wriggle uncomfortably after science explained otherwise.
I wonder what "get outs" they will dream up when life is found elsewhere.

Petter 9 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When finally faced with incontrovertible proof, they'll probably claim that was their position all along.

goes with the parking space.

Seems easy. The Bible, back then, insisted that life only existed on Earth. That does not preclude creation of life elsewhere since, no?

Only if it suddenly happened in the past 3,200 years. (That is when the first testaments were written'😉
"After god had created the earth and all the creatures upon it he decided to seed parts of his universe with simple life forms.
These he called 'evangelists'."

@Petter AHHHH....so, evangelists are GODSEEDS?

@Petter Even still, can't they believe that God created advanced life without the need for evolution on other planets since then?

@ChestRockfield Are Evangelists "Advanced"? I would call them "simple".

@Petter
😝
What he seeded when creating Earth isn't what I was referring to.

The bible has been interpreted to suit the needs and wants of many different opportunist, hence the many different sects of the Christian Religion. Each of them claim to have the right interpretation of the bible.

Betty Level 8 Aug 14, 2023

Seems to me that is a very good reason not to believe the bibble.

@DenoPenno You hit the nail smack dab on the head. 🙂

Engage the tricks of double-think, of lying and denying, and of playing pigeon chess.

This is directly conflicting with the LDS belief that super-good men can become GODS and have their own worlds.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:727978
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.