Agnostic.com

7 1

LINK It's Official: NASA Finally Unveils Its First 'Serious' Report on UFOs : ScienceAlert

For those who trust and believe US agencies.

The best quote:

"The NASA independent study team did not find any evidence that UAP have an extraterrestrial origin, but we don't know what these UAP are. "

I see. You don't know what they are, but you know what they are not.

Anyone ever read any research on NASA and the Apollo fire in 1967, the Challenger accident in 1986, the Columbia accident in 2003, just to name a few? Not pretty reading. Repeatedly Never A Straight Answer is critcised for cover up, lack of transparency and downright dishonesty.

But hey, go ahead and believe this 'independent " report of UFOs, er, i mean UAPs.

David1955 8 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This report will provide us with important clues and data for a deeper understanding of these mysterious phenomena.We look forward to further research and exploration to uncover the truth about these UFOs.

An optimist. Hope you're right.

@David1955 I can't I say I'm completely correct in my assessment, it's just my understanding and opinion.

Your tax dollars at waste. There's never been a UFO report that passes even minimal scrutiny. Aliens are the angels of our time, because people report seeing them doesn't make them real.

Smart people don't believe in little green men, ghosts, goblins, things that go bump in the night, anything that comes out of the mouth of David Grusch or a fabricated alien creature contrived by Jamie Maussan. Stupid people believe it all.

I would have thought smart people would say, well, there's a lot of stuff that cannot and is not explained in this subject, and we'd like to know what the answer is. Jumping up and down and shouting 'there are no little green men from Mars!!! and ' it's same as talking about goblins' doesn't get you very far, does it. Hardly consistent with open enquiry.

@David1955 Fermi Paradox. There's 8 octillion stars in the universe. Extreme probability is some intelligent life exists, somewhere. A remote possibility exists that intelligent life is only on planet Earth. Closest planet in a habitable zone is Proxima Centauri b, 4.2 light years and extremely unlikely to support life. Earth is 4½ billion years old and modern man has been on earth 250K years or less. Probability of intergalactic travel by living beings is not good. Chances of it happening during the next million years is also nil. Chances of those "remains" being authentic are less than zero. That's why I make fun. For David Grusch to say under oath in front of Congress that he's seen alien remains is a lie and he should be charged with perjury.

@barjoe "Probability of intergalactic travel by living beings is not good. Chances of it happening during the next million years is also nil."

Such certainty. You remind me of religious people who tell you with emphatic certainty that they know their God exists. Okay. No point arguing the point.

@David1955 Not certainty. Probability. You've got it backwards. Believers in aliens are like religious people, belief without evidence. The only certainty I have is there's an absence, to this point, of credible evidence. Alien believers and theists both get offended by skepticism.

@barjoe you used the word nil. That's an emphatic statement indicated a certainty that something will not or could not happen. I'd never use emphatic words about this subject. Just an open mindedness and justified scepticism in American organisations in particular.

"The NASA independent study team did not find any evidence that UAP have an extraterrestrial origin, but we don't know what these UAP are. "

They're lying.

Just like they 'lost' the Kecksburg object and all the files that they had on it (When a FOIA was submitted for them).

As better sensors and data acquisition become available to the private sector, more evidence will accrue. Meanwhile, the military industrial complex and CIA have decided to keep the lie going, no matter what.

Kecksburg is a wonderful example of how myths are created by people promoting this silliness. [skeptoid.com]

@Druvius Regardless of what anyone says the Kecksburg object was, the fact that NASA cannot account for the object's whereabouts, identity, or any of the analytical paperwork is an asinine absurdity. NASA has no business withholding this object from scientific study.

[nbcnews.com]

@racocn8 NASA had literally zip to with Kecksberg, so of course they have no records. In fact there is no contemporary Kecksburg, the whole nonsense was made up nearly 20 years after a big fireball flew over the East Coast. There was no object, there's nothing to study.

@Druvius I'm impressed that you would say that no object existed after I posted a photo of it on a flatbed and it's re-creation by the town. As to the rest of your assertion, I'm sure you can provide a link showing who and how they made it all up.

@racocn8 I provided the link in my first comment. Towns cash in on fictional and mythical stuff all the time. Look at Roswell. Or Riverside Iowa.

@Druvius The article you reference artfully misleads the reader, but it is still disinformation in support of your debunker cult, twisting and sanitizing the story into the form you've accepted. However, if you look at the contemporaneous account (as shown in the article's newspaper reprinting), many people descended on the site (not just a 10-year old), and the military cordoned off the area (which wouldn't be necessary if the object didn't exist). That story also notes how "civilian scientists" became involved. As you can see, the object on the flatbed precisely matches the mockup and it is obviously not a bolide nor any sort of aerospace hardware on record.

[roadunraveled.com]

What makes you trust this report?

Do you by any chance do irony or sarcasm or see it in my post?

Ohferpetessake...get a life!
Because Nothing ever goes wrong with man-made stuff unless ET is involved, right?

Just because I don't believe US agencies, doesn't mean I believe that there is clear evidence of ETs.

@David1955 I believe government authorities more than I believe some toothless hillbilly from the Laurel Highlands of Kecksburg PA.

We have had these things possibly even before recorded history. We do not know what they are. In the era now of digital photography we should be smart enough to NOT believe a foggy image of any kind. Then we have the option of asking if a crystal clear image is real or photoshopped. Good luck. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:730967
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.