82 14

Jesus loves you? What does it mean to you?

I was just thinking about this cause I still have people telling me this pointless thing and I am convinced people have to tell themselves and others that cause life is hard and they need to always feel like someone is watching over them and love them. I’ve had to block people cause I’ve had religious friends texting me stuff like that or asking me things like ,” Have I talked to Jesus today. I should talk to him cause he love me.” Lol I know it’s quite pathetic! What do you guys think? The whole quote to me is just pointless.

By EmeraldJewel
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

82 comments

He doesn't phone, write or email. Not once has he remembered my birthday or popped round with a few beers.

Jesus doesn't love me.

If anything he's a bit self obsessed with all the "Look at me, there's 3 of me! I'm me, my Dad & Casper over there" and his "I died for your sins and was raised 3 days later...ok, I gave up my weekend for your sins.

Jesus really needs to get over himself.

Eastrenbi Level 5 May 5, 2018

"He doesn't phone, write, or email,"

But he does answer knee mail lol

How can we believe that a man that lived and died 2000 years ago loves us. That is if he existed at all. A dead man cannot watch over me and we re talking thousands of years. What is it meant by "loves you". If I go babbling in the streets about Jesus loving him/her it is OK. If I say the same thing but use Napoleon instead of Jesus, then I am crazy. Both instances are crazy requiring medical treatment.

KashFigueroa Level 6 May 5, 2018

"I have no interest in your zombie Jew."

irascible Level 8 May 5, 2018

Lol

If Jesus had loved me he would have treated me better.

dahermit Level 7 May 5, 2018

Some gay dude wants my number ?

Simon1 Level 7 May 5, 2018

(: hahahahaha

"Jesus loves you" is another way of saying "You're a loser."

GodlessFred Level 6 May 5, 2018

Yep!

It means to the religious that it is true of course, to the non religious blah blah blah, i just say all that do feel good about themselves love themselves and necessarily don't need Jesus or Superman, Wonder Woman or any other deity too love them to get thru life

ScienceBill72 Level 7 May 5, 2018

I really wouldn't mind a wonder woman, don't take my dream away smile003.gif

Edited

Is this the reason so many priests are pediphiles? When they were little kids it was ok to accept that a magical nomad loves them

Andyg17 Level 5 May 5, 2018

I was just thinking that a few months ago.

Imaginary people can't love you. Just ignore the fools.

freedom41 Level 7 May 5, 2018

IKR.

I've discovered that if you tell those people "The reason Jesus is your best friend is that he's the only one that can't tell you to fuck off. If he was real, he would, just like everybody else.", they don't bother you any more.

JustKip Level 7 May 5, 2018

It means nothing to me other than the person uttering it is delusional.

Bobby9 Level 7 May 5, 2018

Absolutely nothing..

charlotte62 Level 7 May 5, 2018

He certainly has some peculiar ways of showing that love. Pretty silly stuff.

Sticks48 Level 8 May 5, 2018

Jesus loves me? I don’t recall ever having been to a Mexican gay bar...

ghettophilosopher Level 6 May 5, 2018

Lol

Santa Claus loves me too, at least he brings me tangible gifts.

boholbrook Level 4 May 7, 2018

At least Santa is what made most of our childhood, but we came to understand he didn’t exist at a reasonable age.

@EmeraldJewel fuck you mean Santa isn't real?!

@boholbrook Hate to break it to you this way. Welcome to reality with the rest of us.

Edited

Who's Santa?

When I read a statement such as that, I can't help think what a bunch of absolute meaningless unintelligible dribble that is.

SpikeTalon Level 8 May 6, 2018

I ignore them and hit them with logic. I have had a few "unfriend" me on face book. Oh well!

Trod Level 4 May 5, 2018

Usually I hear the first one smile009.gif

Bierbasstard Level 8 May 5, 2018

I got so sick of this and people saying "God is love" that I made this meme to send back at them

LenHazell53 Level 8 May 5, 2018

Now that should be in every humans, notebook

It’s an occupational hazard for me so at work I just ignore it and move in to the next thing. Outside work I would probably say something like, you don’t even want to know what he told me about you and it’s a shame really because you had such a promising futuresmile003.gif

ArdentAtheist Level 8 May 5, 2018

Just nod your head and say yes, so does the easter bunny and the elf on the shelf, they all love you and they're all watching out for you.

Redcupcoffee Level 7 May 5, 2018

Great retort!

Yes, Jesus stalks me, yes Jesus stalks me, the bible told me so.

LEPeff Level 8 May 5, 2018

Hilarious!

Lmfao! I’ve been getting a kick out of reading these comments.

Edited

The person saying it might believe it, but that makes it no less what it is...bullshit.

IAMGROOT Level 7 May 5, 2018

When I hear the phrase "Jesus Loves You" I automatically think, "Jesus, this person is kinda stupid! Then I try to move away slowly...

Flyingsaucesir Level 7 May 5, 2018

Means I'm speaking with someone I do not have interest in speaking with.
Luckily it's most likely the last thing I'll hear them say.

Slappy_Longarms Level 7 May 5, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!