Agnostic.com

20 5

Good advice that remains relevant

What is good advice you have received and always remains relevant?

My mother told me "never go to a party if you received the invitation the day of"

Davidthinks 7 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Write in the book. You own it. " Learned this in college but it works for other things too - paint the walls, put up a shelf, wear your nice clothes anytime. For many, we are made to feel unwelcome as an individual (don't interrupt the adults, don't use That paper use This paper, don't use the fine china, sit and be quiet)

It is okay that you are taking up space. it is okay that other people know you were here. it is okay to put your mark on the world. It is okay to have a voice, a preference, a vibe. Be you.

Thank you! That rings several bells. I am always thinking 'I shouldn't wear that - it's for best' and then never getting around to wearing it.

Just becuase you don't have alot of money doesn't mean you have to look like you don't have alot of money.

Don't stay at the party you received the day of normally full of losers.

Trust your instincts. Pity I haven't d'oh!

You find out who your true friends are in times

Don't hold on to a mistake just because you spent a long time making it.

My Grabdfather held grudges his whole life to the benifit of none so my father always said, “don’t hold grudges, forgive everyone, life’s short”.

If it's stupid and it works it ain't stupid
Don't stick your dick in crazy
Don't piss against the wind
If the shit hits the fan don't stand in front of it

Men are like buses. There'll be another one along in about fifteen minutes.

Deb57 Level 8 May 6, 2018

OMG. My grandmother always said that! To this day I use that aphorism with my young adult female clients who are grieving the loss of their first serious relationship and thinking they will never find another partner.

Feelings are like the wind: They come and go and change direction, so don't act on them immediately.

Always make it to class/work when you can. Skip your days in the spring when the world is waking up and beautiful.

Never eat anything bigger than your head.

In the Chronicles of Narnia, the Magician's Nephew, Aslan says to Digory Kirke, "Let us be good to one another." I read that in Junior High (when I rode a dinosaur to school), and it has stuck with me to this day.

Question everything.

Believe nothing Question everything and Deny anything

@LeeMurray of course lol

Your mom was right. If they invite you the day of the party it must mean that others have decided not to go and the party planners thought of you only at last minute.

Kiss their ass then slit their throats open.

Never pet a burning dog.

Explain that one more.

@martian3 well if you see a dog on fire..Don't try to pet it, it's probably going to hurt.

Never lend your friends money.
As a sales rep never talk religion or politics with your customers.

No matter how much money you make, live poor.

Totally agree. That's how you become the millionaire next door.

Why? If you make money, why not have some fun with it?

@CeliaVL .... Can and do....it's saying don't tie yourself into a bunch of payments, or spend to the end of your income.
Unless that's what you want to do.

Can't never did anything - mom

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.