Agnostic.com

42 8

Salute to Your Nose: What smell gives you a nosegasm?

Sense of smell is unique because it goes directly to your brain without passing through the thalamus. This is why the sense of smell is powerful for triggering emotion and memory.

So, what smells do you really enjoy?

I personally love the smell of peppermint, pine trees, and pumpkin pie. (Though not all at once!)

silvereyes 8 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just remembered a couple of odd ones.
One from my childhood, the way water used to smell sometimes in the 60's/70's. Think I was told the water treatment process was different with chlorine gas back then.

Never in a million years would I have imagined I'd be sentimental about the odor of rotten eggs. Before my GP got a new xray machine they used the old type that processed like a dark room and that reminded me of my photography classes in college. So old school darkroom odor cuts me to the core with fond memories of simpler times.

Also used to love to huff freezers in grocery stores as a kid. Not sure what emanated from them, freon(?) or what but they had a particular odor. It was fun to get light headed off them then run through the store like a maniac.

I love the smell of freshly mowed grass, baking bread, an ocean breeze, and spices like cloves, cinnamon, etc

The smell of anything 'carby' when I'm eating low carb for an extended period. When I do this I honestly think I understand a pregnant woman's cravings. When all your senses get overwhelmed during physical intimacy one of the most powerful is from smell. I guess that would be a nosegasm before a regular 'gasm?😉

Pineapple
Jasmine
Chicken Dishes.

Night blooming Jasmin
Honeysuckle
Stargazer lilies
Gardenias
Wet forest
Rain
Vegan Ambergris
Lemongrass
Strawberries
Certain vegan musk essential oils
Lemon/citrus scents
My mum used to make these cookies with flour, sugar, vanilla, whiskey, orange/lime juice and zest, cinnamon, that were baked hard as a rock and then immersed in boiling maple syrup and water to soften and then coated with coated with crushed walnuts. The smell and taste were amazing!
The smell of my son. The smell of my pets.

Scents that make me ill
Rancid oil (i'm sensitive, so I've stopped using oil because it all smells rancid to me)
Synthetic fragrances like Fabreeze (they are toxic and they make me want to vomit)
Synthetic Fragrances in laundry soap
Animal flesh being fried makes me ill
Chemical smells (Paint, cleaning supplies)

Any well cooked meal! Flowers in my garden. The ocean.

The smell of Cut Grass, the smell of Gasoline (My long-dead Dad was an auto-mechanic. We grew up on that smell ^_^), Pine trees definitely, the fresh smell of Cold Winter Air, and the smell of Rain.

You've been missing in action. Did you go awol?

she can take a day off lol

@silvereyes I get it just messing around. I love your post.

Pumpkin pie, lilacs, meat roasting over a fire!

There is a rose called compassion, its pink and yellow with a most amazing perfume. I love the smell of vanilla - most herbs - new mown hay in the sunshine, just bathed babies especially your own I like smelling their necks, (strange how other peoples babies arent quite as inviting) The smell of the sea I live four minutes away from mine and on a sunny day its a brilliant smell.

There used to be a perfume when I was about 13 called aqua manda and it smelled like christmas pudding a dab of it behind one ear and some vanilla behind the other and boys would follow you like the pie piper.

Fresh hot bread, good coffee, scotch (though I don't drink any longer, I still love the smell of it), pine trees, cold autumn afternoons and puppies

Musk, patchouli (can you tell I'm an old hippie?)...

LOVE a perfumed lady...

Oh - just thought of another one... I'm a sucker for musk oil. Grrrrrrowl...

This might sound weird but sleeping dog is a favorite smell of mine but once the dog stands up the smell goes away fast.

I knew this lady... no underwear... she knew how to get me out of control. Only woman I ever had phone sex with... east coast to west coast.... I still remember her "not yet". Some women know how to handle us men like fools... I didn't realized at the beginning but I was a zombie for her. My Props to her!!! The smell of her always got me!!!! SCENT OF A WOMAN!!!!

Hoowa!

@Hominid I got a big nose you now?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.