Agnostic.com

11 4

Are you intuitive and perceptive and why?

I had a rough upbringing. I was punished with a belt on my bare ass until I was Nine or ten. Many times it was for how I behaved in church. I was supposed to sit still during service. I think that at that age it's an unrealistic expectation. That last time I was punished this way I made a decision not to cry or make a sound. The usual punishment was ten hits. I did not make a sound and I still remember my mother saying he's not crying hit him again, Again I did not respond. they relented and never hit me again.

My parents were/are alcoholics and would fight all the time. There was a lot of mental abuse, because of this. I learned how to sense my parents moods as to avoid begin a focus of their anger.

I have since forgiven my parents and moved on. The side effect of this upbringing is that I can sense people's moods. At times it's a burden, because I can feel someones anger, or pain. It is also a benefit. I can sense apprehension, conflict, and other moods. This helps me connect with people.

This is the first time I ever shared this.

Arasmuson 6 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've always thought of myself as psychotic. Since I was a kid I had ESPN and could levity people. I've had a series of auto-body experiences, and have been known to be telepathetic.

Yes, Very often when listening to something, someone's statements, when looking at data, when analyzing a situation or problem I shortcut the reasoning process to reach a conclusion and am right in a high percentage of cases. I often figure out the plot line of a movie in the first few minutes of a movie. When listening to others, I find myself thinking ahead and often finish their statements for them if they stumble for words or phrasing. I am quire perceptive.

In fact, these are tendencies of people whose dominant information processing style is that of the problem-solver. For more information, take a look at the works of Anthony Gregorc

I am willing to explain more, if interested.

Interesting, I believe that I a good problem solver.

That is a really understandable explanation..so I am a problem solver...

You know I had a similar relationship with my liquor abusing parents. I have always worried how other people feel when they are angry or in pain. I also sense trouble or tension before it manifests itself. I have been told I have a kind heart-I think I have empathy for people experiencing physical and emotional pain. I usually get along with people of different economic and cultural backgrounds.

Same here

I've got to say,
Most of the people on this site, are more compassionate, feeling , and intelligent than I've become accustomed to.
Kudos to you !

You are correct. I'm very comfortable here. Damn those atheist the are evil! 🙂

I often find myself walking on eggshells for no reason, I also feel guilty all the time when I have done nothing wrong.
It could stem from the depression I have but I don't know.

I'm sorry you had such a hard childhood. Sometimes people don't know how their rotten behavior effects their kids.

I have that empathetic gift/curse as well. I find, for me, it makes me more compassionate and hopefully kind.
Kindness is lacking in world, it seems people are either apathetic to the plight of human beings or so self centered that they do not see the needs of others on the periphery.
Having real empathy is a harder more fulfilling way to live in my opinion because you see and feel what others ignore or lack the sense to feel.
I am sorry your early life was difficult but I am happy for you that you were able to forgive. 🙂

not sure

you can't hide your lying eyes as said in the song. I always look for chinks in peoples armour.

I do sense vibes from people from time to time. It has been said woman's intuition is a real thing. Women are more perceptive of the non verbal cues of others. Although hindsight is 20/20 , I think we've all looked back , at one time or another, and realized we didn't follow that inner voice inside and somehow or another wound up with the shity end of the stick.

Wow dude, sorry you had to grow up in my world. I don't forgive or forget. I think fear makes your awareness acute, we could distinguish the sound of my fathers car a few blocks away.

I believed in vibes, I believe in means of communications beyond those provided in our dimension. Body language done on purpose has an objective and can be very effective. In a bad neighborhood I get bigger as a cat would. My speech is like a cat's hiss. My eyes are cold as if I had no soul, my face shows no emotion... It sends a message of ain't gonna be that easy. I know that I am there without being reminded so I am there because is where I want to be at that moment. I belong. I am perceptive, I observe people a lot, their behavior, I read shadow movements. They say dogs can smell fear. My intuition would had got me killed ahead of my time one time in my life (true story, already mentioned). So at times has to be muffed and let your learnings take over. You have to let pain in your life be gone while recognizing there is a lesson to be learned in anything that happened to you. Perceptive is learned... Intuitive is born with. Learn to adapt, you been doing it since your first bad experience in your childhood. Intuition do not grow or get better with time... Is perception what adapts and grow with you. My take.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7603
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.