Agnostic.com

41 2

Living on a sphere thats spinning in space, I don't think so

Are we to believe all the junk we have been told over the years about the earth being a spinning ball ( or pear according to N Degrasse ) and fling around the sun plus spiraling through the universe

RogerMetoxen 3 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thomas Cook Airlines are part of the conspiracy. It's true.

Leaving from Manchester to Cancun the flight was over Ireland, Iceland, South of Greenland, Nova Scotia and all down the coast of the US (New York looked pretty). Also saw a few Caribean islands which you can recognise on Google Earth.

That's a curved line How much are they paid to travel the longer route?

Then I got a rubber band, cut it so as to get a rubber string and stretched it from Manchester to Cancun on a globe.

What bothers me is why is this happening. Is it the fundamental inability of the feeble minded to understand three dimensions or is there some other factor involved.

Living in a world full of science flunkies? I think so.

godef Level 7 Dec 18, 2017

The earth is a spheroid. I have measured it myself with surveying instruments.

Yes, you are to more than "believe" it. KNOW it. Apollo 8 went around the moon, and on the way there, they took a picture of the world being spherical in shape.

Provide a rational reason for your not thing that!

Please provide evidence to support your comment.

Betty Level 8 Dec 11, 2017

Why is everybody:

so serious. Apparently, I couldn't add a photo...hehe

Cowardly troll.

Trolls are fun play toys. We need a few more around here.

Troll. An actual flat-earther would have responded by now. He just wanted to work everyone into a tizzy by posting something outrageous, then sit back and watch how hard we work to refute his absurd message. Thing is, I am curious how actual flat-earthers "reason" their position. Roger, our discussions here are mostly academic and for our own enjoyment, so no skin off our noses here. 🙂

Hmmmm.... to each his own, or her own!

I am almost sure the earth is absolutely flat-ish....otherwise how come I can stand on skates and automatically roll? Or or or, what about marbles....if the world was 'round', you would have to chase those marbles around while you were trying to play....big blue marble, I THINK NOT!!!! 6,000 years ago, when the earth was griddled, and we all rode dinosaurs, we started this 'round' idea....what a bunch of marooooons, we were...

No dumb people living in this world, I don't think so

godef Level 7 Dec 11, 2017

Certainly not. The solar system's path through the universe is not a spiral.

In a way, it's an outward spiral; since everything in the universe is simultaneously rotating around the centre and moving away from it, everything in the universe is moving in a spiral.

Nope.

Hard to believe is it not 😛

Ha Ha!

skado Level 9 Dec 11, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.