Agnostic.com

20 1

Does anyone have religious stuff out in their house at this time of year? Maybe an angel on top of the tree?

JohnGlass 6 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

full on pagan celebration of the winter solstice [ xmas]

Nope. And, if I buy Christmas cards, I only buy ones that have absolutely no religious iconography. Same with gift wraps.

Not even a twinkle light.

I don't decorate for the holidays. Perhaps someday if I ever have a family (which at the age of 51 is doubtful), that will change. But right now it's just a waste of time.

I have good memories of christmas from when I was a child, which is more than enough. Christmas is for kids anyway. For us adults, it's just a pain in the ass.

Nope. I don't even have a single decoration. It's awesome not to have to drag that stuff out, put it up, and then have to take it all down. I don't even own any christmas decorations anymore. The most christmas-y thing I have is wrapping paper and gifts for other people, and the gifts are hidden until the 25th.

I don't participate.

No. Snowmen, pengins, and Santa figurines. Oh, and Pooh bear.

As I don't decorate for any holidays, No. I did find a bible when I cleaned out a bookshelf, that will go to the used book store one of these days.

I have 6 year old twins they have this curiosity. Santa is still alive in their hearts so we have a tree and an angle atop. I think it is for me more tradition than homage. Sometimes rational collides with emotions and the results come out.

I have a statue of the Egyptian goddess Sekhmet.

I was asked to review it - and, as an ornament and 'What the fuck is that?' type conversation starter, it's fine.

Not a thing at all. Of course if or when I have kids I won't mind putting out a tree and lights and what not but it seems wasteful otherwise.

Not this year as I am working away from home.. but I do normally. My name is Angela.. Angel with an extra a. Melek is Turkish for angel and was given to me when travelling there so i don't connect with them because of religion just a bit of fun around my name.. or as my mother would say Angel by name but not by nature lol I don't think you needvto take everthing literally a bit of fun works in most situations.

Not even a tree.

I had Elvis on top of my tree.

Yep, I looked over and there she is, right on top!

gearl Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

IF I unbox my late husband's nativity set (that he painted as a young child), I would, but otherwise, no.

Zster Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

Not me.I do not have any holiday decorations.

I have Castiel from Supernatural on top of my book tree. Pretty sure that is not religious. Lol

Yep. The proverbial angelic accessory in it's place right at the top of a synthetic Xmas tree gorgeously lit up with a almost mystical bluish light. Our granddaughter and nieces love it.

We top our (fishing themed) tree with a crocheted squid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7831
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.